“Lovely food”

La Tarantella Vejer
Reserve with
La Tarantella Vejer is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to "La Tarantella Ristorante" "A charming place in the heart of Vejer de la Frontera" The beauty of the white villages of Cadiz is present in the architecture and decoration of "La Tarantella Ristorante" where the attention to detail, diversity of dishes & breathtaking views make it a very special and unique restaurant. Excellent place to taste our wide selection of traditional dishes from the real Italian cousine, like in the old days, the one made by "la nonna", based on the taste, the fresh quality ingredients, the pasta and the artisan pizzas with alternatives in our menus where mediterranean dishes are also available. "La Tarantella Ristorante" does not leave its customers indifferent, betting for the creativity in the presentation of its dishes, each week the chefs innovate with the preparation of specials including exceptional fishes and meats from Cádiz province well recognized and with a fantastic reputation in Spain as well as abroad. The terraces and garden of "La Tarantella Ristorante" have a capacity to accommodate up to 300 people, ideal restaurant for holding events, private parties and groups, we offer adapted menus for groups with different combinations and a selection of starters, main courses, desserts as well as local and national wines. "La Tarantella Ristorante" offers a reservation service, organize events and admits special occasions, tailor made events and parties upon requests such as receptions with top quality Cava, birthdays, anniversaries, breakfasts as well as corporate lunches and business dinners. Without a doubt “ La Tarantella Ristorante” is the perfect plan to eat well and relax during the day, with our breakfast,brunch and daily lunches, during the afternoon to contemplate the sunset having a tasty coffee or a glass of good wine or at night with a fantastic dinner and bottle of Cava under the moonlight and spectacular stars. We're looking forward to meet you soon at " La Tarantella Ristorante" in Vejer de la Frontera.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

The warm goats cheese salad starter was divine. The main courses we chose of entrecôte and solo milo were superb. Excellent food.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Visited the first time with relatives - got a great table on the roof terrace. Food was very good and reasonably priced too - specially recommend the black spaghetti with chilli prawns.
Service was a bit off though - the waiter didn't really engage and you felt a little like you were an irritant he could do without.
We went again as a couple and again the same sort of experience - good table, good food and the service could be better

Reviewed 7 September 2013

(The correct spelling of the restaurant's name is La Tarantella.)

I don't particularly like giving a business a bad review but if they deserve one, they will get one.

Where to start? Let's start with the waiter on the upper terrace of this restaurant. His indifferent attitude was very evident as soon as we got up there to ask where we could sit (on the empty terrace). We couldn't sit near the balcony because they were only tables for four (and two of us) and we were told they were all "reserved", so we sat further back. After a while he took our order...two glasses of house white wine, one entrée and two pizzas. The glasses of wine arrived and some time later two pizzas. When we told him that we had ordered an entrée of artichoke hearts in olive oil he looked surprised and told us he had no recollection of any order. Ok, we said, the pizzas are here, let's just forget the entrée. We then took a good look at the pizzas and our first thoughts were they looked like supermarket versions with their layer of melted grated cheese. I had a few slices of pepperoni on mine and my partners was pine nut and basil with just four sad looking leaves of basil, some of which were under the cheese. They were both very salty and greasy. I really like pizzas and eat them frequently when out and I also make my own, so I know a poor one when I see it and taste it and these were definitely in the category of "not very good". We decided not to bother with dessert.
We didn't see the waiter when we left as we were told to pay downstairs (and he then disappeared). On paying, we weren't asked if we enjoyed the meal nor did we have any feeling of friendliness from the man who took our money.

This restaurant opened in June and it's Spanish owner was quoted in the local press as saying "There is so much competition now I had to work out carefully what would be my niche. I certainly knew about fresh fish, but figured that what the centre still didn't have was a good Italian restaurant."
I'm sorry to write that on first (and last for us) impression, it still doesn't.

1  Thank Paris-not-Hilton
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We visited this restaurant as we'd heard about their roof terrace with amazing views. The roof terrace does offer excellent views. The pizza that we ordered was good and whilst the waiter was rude the service was quick. So if you're looking for a good quick pizza then I would recommend. Just don't expect any pleasantries...

2  Thank Dale W