“Like at home”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Pasto
Medellin, Colombia
“Like at home”
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Excellent location and service, I needed a place to rest on my way in and out of Pasto and this Hotel is the perfect B&B to go! The rooms are comfortable and the staff helpful and warm. The owner will prepare you the perfect breakfast or dinner, I will go back!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gaelle T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Netherlands
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This B&B is easy to find and it is a nice house with a limited number of rooms. You feel home immediatly because of the cosy atmosphere and the perfect service of the host Patrice and his staff. Our motorcycles were parked in their private garage. One of us was quit ill already for some days and Patrice did everything to made it as comfortable as possible, including an adjusted breakfast in our room.
Although the rooms are a little bit smallish, its all working well and the beds are OK.
Best place we had in Colombia for weeks.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
patcolomb, Gerente at Hotel Frances La Maison, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Hello Ingrid and Branko
Thanks you very much for your comentary about the hotel.
I hope you are well, carry on your trip.
All the best
PATRICE
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 11 September 2012

First of all, this is NOT a hotel; it´s a house with 6 or 9 rooms adapted as Bed & Breakfast. Everything is clean, attention and service are really THE BEST you can find in Colombia, everyone very nice and helpful. Breakfast is also very good. Good location.
Only bad thing: on friday and saturday a nearby discotheque´s mega-bass will drive you crazy (at least in the second floor rooms).
I still consider this B&B a little bit expensive for what it offers, therefore my 3 star (average) rating.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank jamayr
patcolomb, Gerente at Hotel Frances La Maison, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
Good morning
I appreciate your kind comments.
We are located in a residential neighborhood where clubs are not allowed, and there are not.
We regret any inconvenience that did not let him rest, but the music was coming from cars passing by with high volume or from a nearby house.
Anyway this "boutique" hotel style is waiting for you on your next trip.
Cordially
PATRICE CHAMBRAGNE
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Staying in this hotel is like visiting an unusually friendly French uncle who has surrounded himself with a family of thoughtful and considerate Colombian nephews. From the moment I arrived after a punishing 6-hour bus ride from Popayán, until the moment of my all-too-early departure to catch a plane for Bogotá, the owner and staff went out of their way to see that I was comfortable, happy, well-informed and well-fed. The dinners are delicious and ample and a welcome French-inspired respite from the usual fare in southern Colombia. Patrice, the owner, happily answered all questions about Pasto and beyond, and switched from French to Spanish to English with ease. I spent two months in Colombia and stayed at many excellent hotels, but Hotel La Maison del Ejecutivo was my favorite. Why can't I give 6 stars?

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Limingde12
Copenhagen Region, Denmark
Reviewed 27 June 2012

We stayed here a full month, so we have seen many aspects of the hotel. Anything from the friendly management and staff to breakfast, dinner and laundry service has an excellent quality. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We arrived at the hotel around 9am, a couple of hours before check in. Luckily the porter that opened the door took our bags and showed us to our quaint little room without quibbling that we were early.

The staff at the hotel are incredibly keen and eager to please, and deal with all your requests immediately. Patrice the owner is a Fantastic host, providing us with advice on what to see during our south America tour, and bantering with us about the football. Rather than us having the journey into town he happily exchanged our currency for us at the going rate and arranged a tour for us to the laguna. The only issue we had here was that our tour guide didn't speak English and we didn't speak Spanish so it's probably best to check in advance before going ahead.

The breakfast was lovely each morning, and there Is a real sense of pride in each of the members of staff in making your stay comfortable.

There is cable tv in each room and there are communal areas to sit if you don't want to be in the same place all the time.

Overall this place is comfy and cosy and very welcoming, a real gem of a small hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Hotel Frances La Maison, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
Hello SHAL and LASATH
Thanks very much for your review, I hope you are very well traveling.
We wish you good luck.
By the way I´am sorry about England, France was no good either....
PATRICE
boston,mass
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I have been wanting to do this review for awaile now and just had no time and wanted to get over by bad experience that I had. First I want to point out this is for all intense purposes this palce is a BED AND BREAKFAST NOT HOTEL, what you find in Europe. Patrice is a very nice owner and can speak english however besides patrice and one of his employes no one else speaks english,but to be fair your in Colombia,I had no problem with that. I stay there for black and white carnival and honestly the rate i got about 55 us dollars night very good price. Room were small but nice no safe but all of the employess are nice and never felt worry of my belongings, the breakfast is good like a said is a bed and breakfast place so your like eating in the dinning room of the house and you can see them cooking. Location is good close to the carnival festivalls, The one problem i had, me a gringo never been to pasto or carnival before, I knew about people sprying you with KAYEOKA ( WHITE FOAM) but what i did not know was IS A PICK POCKET PARADISE WHEN PEOPLE SPRY YOU,,,,,YOU THINK IS INOCENT BUT PEOPLE PICK YOUR POCKETS. I know that not Patrice fault, I do not blame him,BUT he should have brought that to my attention and also i said to him i am going to walk down one block from hotel to see the parade he told me i should see it in another location so i did and that when there i got pick poceted luckly it was not a great deal of money,,,,,,,but why did he tell me that location? In that afternoon i saw the same parade at the location near hotel and had no problem. Also DO NOT GO TO THE PLAZZA AT NIGHT I AL MOST GET PICK POCKET AGAIN, but was ready for that, AGAIN Patrice should have told me to be careful going to plaza for festivals at night.....I SAID MY PEACE

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank larry m
, Gerente at Hotel Frances La Maison, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
Hello LARRY We want first greet you and thanks you to participate with your opinion. Is well known than insecurity is all over the world. Especially when there are so many people in a locality and more during a “Carnival”. Is why we have to act with discretion and carefulness. We are sorry about theses inconvenients, but we are more honest and workers people who want to receive you again in Pasto. See you on your next trip. PATRICE