Let me say that it is worth spending a little more to vacation at another country or a more expensive hotel if you really want to go to magarita island. Personally I wasted time and money booking a vacation here.
1. The food is the very worst. Same menu day after
day of tasteless food. The meats were not cooked and smelled awful. The best meal of the day was breakfast, and it wasn't all that great.during my stay I ate mostly salad, dry bread and thanks God for fresh fruits.
2. The room smelled like paint and when the Ac was adjusted there were condensation on the walls n floor of the room. The hot water didn't work in my room , so after take a cold shower you had to continue freezing in the room. The bathroom was dirty and there were no mats until the very last day of our stay. I didn't loose anything from my room but a friend suspected that someone had search through her things.
3. The resort itself if very big and has a lot of activities to do but after the second day I had gotten bored and the daily activities had become monotonous.the shows at night were the highlight of the day. It is a must see if you are staying in the hotel. The dancers are very friendly and they were very accommodating.
4.reception- had no problems with them but the language barrier became a little annoying after a while. They should have more bilingual workers since they have alot of trini visitors.
5.shopping-we went to the mall and the stores were pretty much empty. The flea market had better deals. Beware do not use your credit card . Use B's . If you use your credit card you will end up paying 5 times more for the item. You can check around the beach and the stores in the hotel for reasonable exchange rates.
transport- there are buses that will take you to tours but the taxis a reach cheaper. A lot of people said it would have been unsafe and scary but at no time did I feel unsafe in and out of the hotel.
Everyone seemed to be unconcerned with us.
At the end of the day I will not go back to magarita neither laguna mar. This place is not for me!! This was one of the worst vacations ever .there were even hours of delay at the
hotel. I will not advise anyone to spend their money to vacation here. Pay a little more and go to st Lucia or one of the other island
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Laguna Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Laguna Mar Pampatar
- Laguna Mar Resort
- Laguna Mar Margarita Island, Venezuela