Better than Average, but not quite Very Good. We had a room with a small balcony and a great view of the fjord, that made up for the bed not being too comfortable - little support, too soft -maybe needs new mattresses. Other than that, room was fine. Shower only in the bathroom (which was fine with us). Wifi only in lobby area, no reception in room. Had a delicious dinner; breakfast buffet, while not a big spread, was good, esp. the eggs, no sneeze guard though which bothered husband. This was a nice place to stay instead of in Flam - more of a real town feel. Would stay again.
While in Aurland, visit the Aurland Shoe Factory if you have time. The owner gave us a tour and a lot of history of "Aurland Shoes". Of course I had to buy a pair.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the wateredge next to the Aurlandfjord, 1 km from the centre of Aurland. 2 new high standard cottages(hytter) for 6 persons. 3 bedrooms, well-equipped kitchen/livingroom with fireplace. Shower, toilet, dishwasher, washing machine. Terrace to the fjord. Quay w/boatrental. Ideal starting point for aktivities like hiking, biking and fjordcruises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Aurland Fjordhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aurland Fjordhotel Hotel Aurland Municipality
- Aurland Fjordhotel Norway/Sogn Og Fjordane