“Loved it and I hate resorts!”

Renaissance Antalya Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 63 Hotels in Beldibi
Hoi An, Vietnam
“Loved it and I hate resorts!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Renaissance in August and I absolutely loved it. We were upgraded to a beautiful room with a massive private balcony and large room and it was just a great experience. The food and drinks were all included and the food was pretty good too. We ate at the buffet and the restaurant on the first floor which required a reservation. My issue was with the drinks. Yes they were included, but the bartenders can't mix a drink if their lives depended on it so I just ordered beers after 2 disappointing drinks. The private beach was also beautiful and warm. Loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room right by the fire escape. They should be bigger, our room was.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Susan A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canvey Island
Reviewed 4 November 2013

A very difficult review to write. This was our fourth time at the Renaissance and up to now all visits have gone smoothly and we have enjoyed it and I would have happily given it a five star rating, but this time small things cropped up which have made me think again.
Firstly let me say that if you were going for the first time you would probably see no wrong and have a good time. Secondly, we also had a good time but in comparison to previous visits it was just a little less good ( they say never go back so maybe this was a re-visit too far).
Good points-
The hotel is clean and the bedrooms a nice size and two double beds make it nice and comfortable. The food is very nice be it breakfast, lunch or dinner there is always a good choice and you would have to be very fussy to not find something you liked.
The waiters are by and large efficient and will bring you your drinks quite promptly.
The grounds and beach are spacious and well kept and we have never encountered problems using them.
The entertainment is good to average depending on what you are watching. The professional shows are good, but I thought that the nightly singers were little more than average, but they are free so if you don't like it you sit elsewhere, simple as that!
Drinks are free and the barmen, who are under a lot of pressure at night, rush around as quickly as they can and you don't have to wait too long generally.
Bad points-
By far the worst part of this visit was reception. Having requested a high floor when booking and even e-mailed the hotel three weeks before our visit requesting certain room numbers ( as used before) or a high floor if they were not available, we were allocated to the garden villas which we declined. We were then told we could have a second floor room, but having been taken there we found somebody's case there. Back to reception and told it had to be the garden villas for one night, but no sooner than we got there a phone call to the bellboy told us to return to reception and the second floor room had been cleared of the phantom case. The room was fine, but not the requested high floor. Had this been our first visit we would have been put off totally by this fiasco. At no time did reception seem to know what was happening.
Whilst the waiters in the dining room were, as I have said, largely efficient there was a total disaster on the Sunday when no plates seemed to be collected and most tables had plates from all three courses stacked up. What happened there?
Add to this the Ernst and Young young visitors who one night kept us awake until 2.15am until we made a complaint about the overrunning disco. Fortunately they didn't bother us in the way they seemed to have disturbed other guests.
Minor things like hand dryers not working, and not being fixed. Evening entertainment being performed indoors rather than in the outdoor amphitheatre even on warm nights and lifts not working at times, petty I know, but things that have not happened in previous years.
Overall you will notice that I have given the hotel four stars and would not want to put anybody off. This is still a good hotel and you will enjoy your holiday, but it just needs the minor problems ironed out to restore it to it's previous high standard. If this happens it will go back to it's former glory. If not.....well let's hope we don't go there and normal excellent service will be resumed!

2 Thank Joe W
wigan
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Being a world wide traveller we have written our review based on our experiences in Turkey.

Having spent 7 weeks out of the last 18 months at the Paloma Renaissance and now having spent some time there during the main and low season and also at an alternative hotel at similar cost in the same area we feel comfortable in writing a review.
Already booked Paloma Renaissance again on our return for early 2104.

Firstly the customer service experience is in our opinion is second to none,
We attended an alternative hotel early this year which was a disaster so contacted the Renaissance for assistance, not only did they remember me from the previous year (my first visit) they proceeded to allocate us with a private villa and in true customer service excellence the then Duty night manager (now front desk manager Onur Konarili) offered to collect us from our hotel and transfer us in the private Renaissance Mercedes mini van. On arrival a swift check in and Onur escorted us to our villa even remembering my disability and ensuring we had a separate shower and bath FANTASTIC, truly a unique customer service experience for us from a true Ambassador of the hotel.

We have just returned again from the Renaissance and as always had a wonderful holiday .
Oct 2013

Check in/Reception - In our experience always swift to check in and will do there utmost to assist you in any way during your stay.
No wristbands.

The rooms
Standard Double is ample size room far bigger than a normal standard room in most other hotels with a lounge and separate bedroom area, small balcony.
Air-Con

Jnr Suite
Nice big open space lounge is integrated into the bedroom area separate bath/shower large balcony .
Air-Con

Duplex luxury Villa are 2 upstairs bedrooms 2 bathrooms (1with enormous shower other with Jacuzzi bath) 3 plasma TV’ s and separate downstairs living area with kitchen (not for cooking) and dining table. 2 balcony’s one from the bedroom one from the lounge/dining area.
Tiled floors.
Independent Air-Con

Having read some reviews about tied bathrooms we have never experienced this and even went over our most recent bathroom with a fine tooth comb finding no issues.

Room Service- Good service but do check you get what you ordered.

The maids have always left the room spotless and we have never had an issue with towels bed linen etc always a high standard.

The staff we have always found excellent from the greeting at reception to the waiter for lunch/dinner and the bar staff in any of the bars are always flat out trying to please the guests.
Special thanks to Dylan and Mehmet (forgive my spelling)
Main bars inside hotel building will serve braded spirits if requested.
All drinks in main building served in glasses.
Table service is excellent in the main building however ONE individual will happily breeze past your table blatantly ignoring you unless you are a young single female, this he does so as to present the young female with a flower when serving their drink and proceeding several drinks later to attempt to acquire their mobile number. (same waiter several times per shift sadly witnessed in person within earshot).

Reps- Longest serving is Thomas Cooks Steph who in our experience no matter who you have booked with she will be happy to assist with advice if needed.

Animation- It has changed several times and seems to be better during the low season rather than the high season maybe due to the fact that the evening professional shows in the high season are far more frequent, the low season has the occasional professional show and sub standard singers/groups which do get very very tiring.

Restaurants where well staffed and the service good.
La Noblesse , Lotus and Seasons open all year round others high season only.

Saffron- Lunch buffet style excellent selection all fresh with cooking station.
Evenings are Bookings only Turkish food multi choice menu with waiter service huge portions excellent and FREE to AI

Sunset Beach bar- Lunch excellent waiter service from a menu salads ,pizza , burgers and multiple choices from menu all FREE barring a small box clearly marked on the menu with some fish and lobster crab etc.
Evening are booking only and turns into fish restaurant multi choice with good portions and waiter service again, do express how you like your fish cooked. Again FREE to AI.

Santa Fe Mexican evenings only bookings, again good food and huge portions, multi choice menu waiter service 10 Euro cover charge pp.

Lotus-Chinese evening bookings only from again a multi choice menu with waiter service, I have tried everything all of which is FANTASTIC but avoid the Wasabi starter if you don’t like hot hot hot (green paste on side of starter) 10 Euro cover charge pp

Seasons- Again multi choice menu waiter service and in my opinion the best restaurant, again I have completed the menu all is Fabulous not to be missed FREE to AI

La Noblesse- Main buffet restaurant self service breakfast lunch and dinner all excellent with several cooking stations amazing array of foods to choose from, if you have a palate for good food you will never struggle for choice.

Pools - Main pool and Villa pool closed low season both very clean.
Adult pool open all year heated in low season only
(BE WARNED you will need deck/beach shoes to prevent splinters at the adult pool)
Indoor pool heated and clean.

Beach is pebbles/sand high season and pebbles only low season you will need beach shoes to get into the sea.
Jetties are laid for high season only.
I have managed to get into the sea as early as Feb and as Late as Nov

Gardens- Always fantastic, the gardeners to a fabulous job and at last have there own tip box in the garden area.

Sunbeds are always available all year round.

In short our favourite Hotel in Turkey having travelled to Gumbet, Bodrum, and Marmaris,
An all round excellent Turkish 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Standard double is much larger than most other hotels
4 Thank neilm1967
London
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Following recent reports from those guests who stayed at the Rennaissance Antalya Beach Hotel I thought my husband and I were on to a winner. I may first advise if you are a world traveller you would know the difference between a good realistic 5 star and a lower 5 star hotel. I have rated this hotel as 3/5 as it is not a quality 5 star hotel however for Turkey it is average to good.

The rooms are dark and very few have good views and have a very small balcony. We asked to be moved however were told by reception the hotel was full. Eventually, after Euros 350 extra they suddenly found a room that was free. Cleanliness was average (if you like spotless).

The restaurants are fair - a varied choice - although the service could have been better.

The resort - well you could be in a hotel anywhere in the world as you are very far away from anywhere (apart from the small shops outside the hotel).

I like to be constructive with my hotel stays. I think you get what you pay for in this hotel which is in my opinion good value - however there are far superior 5 star hotels in Turkey of which of course are more expensive.

Its a good value 5 star complex.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank WorldTravellers88
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Went 1st two weeks in October 2013. Just me and the wife. Our original room was at the front of the hotel, a little noisy, due to a hotel building work next door. Next day got moved to a garden room. Fantastic nice big bed room and living space. Massive bed. Strangely the bathroom was a tad snug, but adequate. Gardens are stunning. Beach is good. Food....main restaurant is very good, a huge range and top quality. The a large carte restaurants are well worth a visit. I really enjoyed the Chinese, Turkish & International. All the pools are clean and safe, never had to fight for a sunbed. Bars are well staffed I didn't wait very long all holiday. The staff are among the best I have ever encountered. Polite, helpful, attentive but never overbearing.
The evening entertainment involved a lot of dancing troupes. Not my cup of tea, but they were very popular. The Kenyan Acrobats & Shaolin shows were the best. The music was a blast from the past, loads of 60s 70s & 80s if you like a bit of Elvis and Eagles great. You are not gonna get any Kaiser Chiefs or Kings of Leon. If you like to be active in the day you need to be pro-active. The animation team (nice people) were pretty poor at rounding people up. I have done this job and even at the end of the season I was always more enthusiastic than the resident team. I played a lot of Volley Ball and met some lovely people Russians, Turks, Romanians, Dutch & Germans.
The residents were a mixed bunch, but a good atmosphere. Hardly any Brits, but I like that! Some people like to moan about various nationalities, just face it only the Brits queue patiently.

I thoroughly recommend this top class hotel with first class staff.

Room Tip: I liked the garden room.
2 Thank Fit2drop
Surrey
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Just returned from a week's holiday. We had a great time. I had been worried in the couple of weeks before our visit on reading the negative reports regarding the conference delegates at the hotel. When we arrived there was an Ernst and Young conference going on, and yes, this did put pressure (and rather changed the atmosphere) on the bar service, and the main restaurant. However we found the young delegates to be very polite and well behaved. They were only there for the first two days of our holiday anyway, so there was no real negative impact.

We were allocated a room with a separate lounge and large balcony in the villas within the grounds of the hotel. The bathroom and some of the furniture was a little tired, but everything worked (powerful over bath shower with endless hot water, decent hairdryer, two flat screen TVs, a kettle, free safe, mini bar stocked with soft drinks, water and beer, very comfortable beds and pillows). There was a small pool with comfortable loungers and a bar for villa guests. Our room was very quiet.

The large grounds of the hotel are beautiful, and well tended. We never had a problem finding sun loungers either in the shady grounds behind the beach, or at the pool. There is a main family pool with slides and a bar, but because we were child free, we tended to mostly use the adult only pool near the main hotel as it was very quiet and relaxing (water a little cold though!). The hotel has a large beach frontage, with loungers and a beach bar and swimming off the jetty.

If you like cats, then this is the place for you! There are plenty of friendly (especially at meal times!) cats and kittens living in the hotel grounds, and they are well looked after and fed by the hotel.

We've been to many all inclusive hotels, but without doubt this is the best food we have ever experienced. Plenty of choice in the main restaurant for dinner, lunch and breakfast, with imaginative, high quality dishes. Yes, it gets busy at peak times, but we never had to wait very long to be served. Wines are waiter served by the glass and are very pleasant (we especially liked the rosé). We tried the Turkish and the Seasons restaurants (you need to book the day before you want to go) and found both to be very good, especially the Seasons.

The piano bar service was sometimes a little chaotic, but we never had to wait for very long (all the staff were very pleasant), and the drinks choice and quality was good. We also enjoyed the varied professional entertainment in the piano bar after dinner.

The free wi-fi coverage in the hotel (extending to much of the grounds and pool areas) was excellent.

We liked the fact that there were many nationalities at the hotel (German, Dutch, Scandinavian, French, Russian, British) and our holiday was enhanced by the lovely new friendships that we made.

We will return!

6 Thank MartSurrey
Exmouth, Devon
Reviewed 13 October 2013

A beautiful hotel set in excellent grounds alongside the beach. Initially we were shown one of the separate chalets in the grounds which was described to us as an 'upgrade' We did not like it at all and next morning asked to be moved into the hotel, the type of room we had booked. We were moved immediately to a lovely room in the main building, That room was spacious well fitted, and very quiet and we were extremely happy with it.

I cannot say we experienced any inconvenience at all from the student courses being run in the ballrooms, except perhaps on one or two occasions when we were looking for a sunbed around the pool and the students had taken that area over at lunch time when their classes had finished. We very quickly found ways around that little problem...! In any case there was always loads of space on the pleasant grassed areas around the pool and never any shortage of very good sun beds When we encountered students in the day they were quiet and well behaved, neither did we see any problems in the evenings. It is clear that hotels are having to accommodate these courses to fill their rooms. For instance last year we stayed at the Hilton in Sarigerme Turkey and that even had a huge separate centre for students courses. As a matter of interest we would NOT go back there but will certainly return to the Renaissance.

We thoroughly enjoyed the Renaissance hotel's entertainment each evening, mostly professional groups, many of whom we had never seen before, some very different indeed and very enjoyable. There was also music for dancing later. There was good walking outside the hotel and local buses passed by to Kemer which we did several times. Kemer is a very nice big town and the bus fare is very little.

Overall we really liked the hotel and will certainly book again for next year. .

Room Tip: You might wish to avoid the chalets in the grounds
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank GralorExmouth_Devon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beldibi
Karmir Resort & Spa
Amara Dolce Vita Luxury
Amara Dolce Vita Luxury
#3 of 21 in Tekirova
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,052 reviews

Been to Renaissance Antalya Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!