“My holiday in Rixos Sungate”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rixos Sungate

Rixos Sungate
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Beldibi
Klaipeda, Klaipedos Apskritis, Lithuania
“My holiday in Rixos Sungate”
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Hello everyone, I would like to share my holiday impressions in Rixos Sun gates hotel . I was second time in Turkey, and this time was perfect for my family, except for a few failures. The rooms were spacious and beautifully designed. Many seafood dishes, lamb, desserts, fruits, and so on.. Also there were lot of to do: activities like darts, waterpool games, table tennis, volleyball, tennis all day long. Very nice and professional evening program, beautiful scenery of the mountains.
But, as I said, there were few failures. Two days before leaving, I lost one of my earring( of course the most expensive) in room, I thought that my fault.. but the last day I change my opinion.. One hour before leaving hotel, me and my family went to check out and dinner before leaving, and 10 minutes before we left, my mom saw that she don’t have earrings and remembered that she left them on the table in her room, so she asked reception to give her room-card and went to room, where she saw that everything is cleaned and of course there were no earring left. So I said that I will try to find housemaid and asked her. And it was destiny , taht I saw one maid going some were and I stopped her to ask if she cleaned mothers room. And suddenly I saw my mom earrings at her ears. I was shocked.( of course she “don`t speak in English” and “don`t understand anything”) of course I took away mom earrings, and I said everything in reception, but what I heard I was shocked twice- staff member working in reception said that it is normal, because she don’t have time to give what she found to “lost and found”. I said that I would like to talk to another maid, which cleaned my room that day when I found my earring lost. After all there came another man from personal, but he saw that we were late to our buss, so he didn`t want to help us to solve the problem about my earring, which I “lost” in my room day before.
So, keep all things in safebox, not only passports and money, because there a people without justice and fairness in this hotel. And if you are cautious, your holiday will be perfect in this hotel

2 Thank Goda G
Rixos S, Guest Service Team at Rixos Sungate, responded to this review, 19 October 2014
Dear Goda G,

Thank you for the review. Yes, indeed. All valuables should be kept in the safe box and further more, the hotel hotel does not tolerate any indispline cases notified.

Be sure that the necessary was done although you never had the time to follow up as you ahd to leave right away.

We will be glad to see you again here.

Have a nice time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pinner
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I booked this hotel after looking at the reviews although I did worry about some of the comment re the russians barging past and queuing at the main bar. I went with my 2 daughters, her friend and her son.
I have to say the whole experience was amazing and this is certainly the cleanest, friendliest hotel I have ever stayed in.
The pools were fantastic, there were activities for everyone and yes there was loud music during the day however there are options for people to use any of the other pools away from the main area. the water aerobics was so good thanks to the Ergo Montana.

Elif and Halil at the main bar were so polite and helpful and friendly. as were all the other staff and I did appreciate the fact that when the russians did try to barge in, the staff are aware and do serve you if you get there first. I hardly queued for a drink and bear in mind this was in the middle of the peak season. You could always get a sunbed and the food was lovely. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a sea view room with a balcony which made our holiday to be honest. This is a safe, friendly environment and they put on an amazing party to celebrate victory day on 30 August. If the manager reads this review, yes it is an expensive holiday however I would definitely go back and have also recommended this to all of my friends. My only gripe would be that the tables are not cleared when entering the restaurant so you have to find a table that is free and laid which is not easy. they should have a waiter at the door directing people to tables. That aside, well worth the money and to be honest, will definitely go back.

1 Thank 555lyn
Rixos S, Guest Service Team, at Rixos Sungate, responded to this review, 19 October 2014
Dear 555lyn,

Sometimes confidence really matters. You need to beleive in yourself as we may all not face the same experience. We are glad to make any improvement upon notice.
Thank you for your review.

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I've been in Rixos Sungate last week (Sep. 11-18, 2013 ) with my family. It was all extremely good until this drama happened on our check out date. I'm 21 and my 15 year-old brother and I shared a room back there. While we were checking out, they claimed that they had found a burning spot on our sofa and we need to pay 150$ as refund. We refused to accept that and it was so obvious that we could not have done that since the room was considered as a children's room. After half an hour of discussions, instead of trying to solve the problem, they threatened us that they will call the police. We didn't have any problem with that until they brought a Weed's foil and accused us of using drugs in the room. We finally pay the price since we were desperate and our flight was in a couple of hour, but this was kind of a scandal for a hotel claiming to be 5 Star +2!

1 Thank sahar s
Dear Sahar S,

Sorry for the incident on your last day. However, the hotel management would not make a false accusement on any of our guests.
I hope you wont take it personal but you may contact us for any resolutions to be made.

Hope to see you back here happily.

Yours,
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Last time was there in August 2013, before that visited hotel at least 5 times. The hotel is very good but comparing to previous years the quality and selection of food is not good any more. The rooms need renovation. This year majority of tourists were from Iran, Turkey, Azerbaijan. Less and less tourists come from Europe and Russia. The hotel is overpriced!

1 Thank IrakliKK
Dear Fukenmeis,

I think we also have to put an aim for a holiday. So, don't mind the people around you as long as they don't bother you but rather enjoy your stay.
With time things could change so please, do not hesitate to drop us an email or give us a ring prior reservation to know the what abouts.

Tehran, Iran
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Except this year, we also took a family trip to this hotel 3 years ago. To my point of view, the quality this year has dropped lots comparing the year before. Firstly, there used to be a continues excellent music playing by the pool, beginning at 10:00 am to 17:00 pm, like an energy bomb, cheering the atmosphere and all hotel guests. We sadly weren’t lucky enough to enjoy the music this year, since there was no tune. There were a few segways around.
I am taking the chance to thank Emre who’s one of nicest style bartenders I have ever met, and also, many thanks to Sanem, who’s a very good tempered and helpful person at the reception. Our final thanks go to Montana, making the bright and lively atmosphere for the perfect entertainment and performance. But, the problem was, during entertainment, instead of speaking English, spoke Russian and the people should guess what they were talking about.
The hotel rooms were spotless, tidy and fresh; while the hotel area was no more clean, covered with leaves and garbage. All in all, the number of bartenders were few and lots of crowd used to gather at the bar counter.
Something positive,was that despite the fact the interenet system was not convenient enough and slow, but you could access it all around the resort, it was really helpful to me.

Room Tip: "Rooms located in the main building with sea view are good "
2 Thank Mehrdad T
Dear Mehrdad T,

Thanks for your review. We beleive the change in music could have been due to the change in trend as we play the latest hits.
Don't be let down, keep in touch with our DJS and they will be glad to please you.

Hope to see you again.

Best Wishes,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 September 2013

This was my first stay at the rixos sungate hotel. from the moment we got there to the day of departure the whole experience was fantastic. The rooms are amazing, the food was fantastic, and staff were very friendly. There was an amazing lady in customer relations called Nil, i think that is how you spell her name,, she managed to secure four evening and one breakfast al a carte resturant visits, which were lovely, what a lovely person she was, always asking if we were ok, and if there was anything else she could help us with. I myself was made to feel special for two weeks, will certainly be returning, thank you rixos you certainly do luxury well.

Room Tip: email the hotel a few weeks before you travel to ask about your requirments and they do their best t...
1 Thank yvonneamelia61
Dear Madam yvonneamelia61,

We appreciate your review. Come again and let's share the wonderful moments.

See you soon.
Stocksfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2013

This was our 4th stay at the Rixos chain, having been to Bodrum and Belek (x2) previously with this being our first to Sungate. From the moment we got there the whole experience was amazing. Our lake house villa with pool was FANTASTIC. Our Thomas Cook rep Steph was really friendly and managed to secure 5 evening and 2 breakfast al a carte restaurant visits, which made the trip even more spectacular as the food was amazing and the kids tried new things they wouldn't have if we went to the main buffet (also great). Whilst all the restaurants were fab - Fantasy was by far the best of them all serving international food. Everyone makes an effort to get dressed up in the evening and we had the pleasure of being there whilst the resort had a 'beach party" in the evening - brilliant! The kids (10 & 5) loved Rixy Kingdom, with water slides for all ages and the lunchtime menu was great. I have seen lots of negative reviews about the politeness and service of the Rixos employees, but I honestly cannot fault them at all from our arrival to our departure. There was one particular employee whose name I cannot even start to spell but it sounded like Younis that took us around the resort in his golf buggy nearly every day - letting the kids sit up front so they loved it. I'm just booking now to go again next year with the kids so can highly recommend Rixos - they definitely do luxury well.

Room Tip: Villa with separate bedroom for the kids highly recommended.
2 Thank Sharon B
Dear Madam Sharon B,

We thank you for having written this fruitful review. Thank you for spending your holidays with us and w will be glad to see you again.

Have a lovely year.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beldibi
Rixos Premium Tekirova
Nirvana Lagoon Villas Suites & Spa
Limak Limra Hotel
Limak Limra Hotel
#25 of 280 in Kemer

Been to Rixos Sungate? Share your experiences!