“My first trip to Italy and we stayed at this most beautiful and magical palazzo!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palazzo Farrattini

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amelia
Palazzo Farrattini
Ranked #4 of 20 Amelia B&B and Inns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

As soon as you step into the Palazzo Farrattini you are magically transformed back in time. You are warmly greeted by the two nicest people of this fine establishment and they know all there is to know of the rich history of their country. They give you a terrific tour of the castle and you are in awe of how old and wonderful it is. The rooms are terrific and beautiful and it is such a joy to spend the nights looking up at the beauty of the ceilings as you fall asleep. And if you want to just spend a relaxing time by the pool over looking the amazing country side or just reading by the olive groves, you will be amazed. Walking the quaint streets of the town and shopping in the little shops was a real treat and no matter if you don't speak the language, everyone there are so helpful and friendly that those barriers were not a problem for me. Ettore and Scott were such wonderful hosts that you will find it hard to leave and say good bye. You will just have to return and visit again! I would recommend the Palazzo Farrattini to anyone who is looking for that perfect romantic vacation of a lifetime.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank CJWags

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bantam, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

From the second you drive down the driveway, you will be in sheer awe! The beautiful landscape will take your breath away!!!! Then once you step out of the automobile, you'll walk a few steps to land your eyes on the most beautiful, towering Italian palace overlooking a gorgeous landscape. It literally moved me!!!

Inside the ancient, yet charming palazzo are beautifully decorated rooms, natural light pouring everywhere, you'll think you died and went to heaven. This Palazzo will invite you into every room with fresco painting, age appropriate antiques, and great Tuscan breakfast room offering fabulous Italian gourmet meals!

The terrace is one stunner that you'll never want to leave! We ate our lunches and had cocktails under a grape vine gazebo overlooking magnificent Italy!

Did I mention that you'll also have Wi-Fi if necessary.

My great friend & I watched a movie in the theater and it was such a memorable night!

If you want the whole Italian experience, look no further than this Italian, Tuscan slice of heaven!!!! This palazzo has grace, history and a sense of home and character that will make you never want to leave.
My favorite part of this amazing place was the two charismatic, genial owners and operators. They were the kindest, most charming and sophisticated Italians you could meet!

I can't wait to return and I just got back (CT) three days ago!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank DonnaFish73
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

During the past summer, while studying in the incredibly beautiful walled village of Amelia, a jewel nestled on a hilltop in the heart of Umbria, I had the pleasure and honor of spending time at Palazzo Farranttini in the company of some truly amazing people, most notably our genial and charming host, Ettore Farranttini Pojani. Although I didn't live at the Palazzo full time, I spent many wonderful evenings in the gardens of the palace with strangers who became friends and friends who became family, enjoying the spectacular views and gracious hospitality of Ettore. We enjoyed many fine meals prepared by Ettore et al (thank you Scott), and more than a few bottles of excellent local wine were consumed with gusto. When my wife and I decided to renew our vows, Palazzo Farranttini was the obvious choice as the venue. It was a magical night full or romance and wonder that harkened back to an earlier time. The Palazzo itself provided the perfect backdrop - steeped in centuries of history, with fabulous frescoes, gorgeous antique furniture, towering ceilings, comfortable and well-appointed rooms and steps to the second story deep enough for horses to carry their charges up to bed, which apparently they did in years gone by. (I tried to find a horse to take me up to bed but, sadly, that was the one and only thing missing in our adventures at the Palazzo.) Palazzo Farranttini is a unique and charming destination that is sure to provide something for everyone adventurous enough to try something out of the ordinary. Thank you, Ettore, for special memories that will last a life time, or at least until we return... which will hopefully be very soon!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mark C
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

If you have got this far investigating your forthcoming trip to Umbria you must have
some idea of what you can expect here in Italy. Amelia is not a major international tourist centre so if that's what you want, I suggest you look to Rome or Venice first, then turn your sights on the wonderful Umbrian countryside. After two days of non-stop sight seeing, you will appreciate the benefit of complete relaxation at the historic Palazzo Farrattini and while doing so, experience a genuine piece of Italian culture, the slower pace of life in an Italian hillside town.

Not only is this historic palace beautifully maintained, it proprietor Ettore Farrattini Pojani, exudes Umbrian charm and hospitality.

The rooms on the piano nobile of his family’s home are comfortable and beautifully appointed. Tastefully decorated, each one, has the authentic charm of an historical residence, maintaining an overall feeling of timeless elegance. In opening them up to the public, the owner has retained the palace’s personalized charm and ambiance. I love the windows that overlook the beautiful garden, where I can admire the view and take in the peace and tranquility of the hillside surrounding Amelia.

I have had the pleasure of visiting the Palazzo Farrattini each summer for the last two years using the palazzo's garden, with its lovely pergola as a venue for my organization’s annual cocktail party. We also book this residence every year for our conference VIP, who come to Amelia to speak at our annual conference. Palazzo Farrattini always surpasses my expectations for quality of service and venue location. I love the authenticity of the place and its well-chosen decor, inviting common, sumptuous rooms and vibrantly green garden. Each work to create an oasis of calm, luxury and relaxed sophistication. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lynda_Albertson
Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Our experience at Palazzo Farrattini far surpassed our expectations. We had thought that spending some time in such an historic place would be unique, but perhaps a bit lacking in comfort. How wrong we were! From the moment we arrived in Amelia, we realized that this was to be a special experience. Far from musty, the palace, though large, had a "homey feel." This was fostered by the charm, friendliness, and hospitality of the hosts. Our room was large and airy, with the bath cleverly concealed behind a repurposed handsome armoire. The room, on the second level, was accessed by stairs up which horses used to walk. The banquet hall in the center of this floor was nicely appointed, and internet access was available in another room on this floor.

Our purpose in traveling to this area was to visit the Park of the Monsters in nearby Bomarzo. Amelia had not been our actual destination. However, we learned from Ettore that there was much more to experience in the area than we had first imagined. We visited the Amelia Museum, where we learned much more about this Umbrian town's history. This was definitely worth doing. We were very impressed by the bronze sculpture of Germanicus (15 BC - 19 AD).

The palace itself was, however, the high point of our stay. The hosts’ willingness to share the personal history of the palace as well as information about points of local interest made our stay a pleasant and memorable experience. We hope to return some day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jackie W
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

The palazzo is hosted by two very gracious gentlemen, one is a renaissance man while the other is an astute antique dealer with a flare making all the guests feel comfortable . The palazzo retains fabulous wall art and ceilings, the original horse stairs, a cellar showing segments of Roman mosaics and a view that encompasses hills, valleys and other hilltop villages in the distance. Our room made me feel like royalty from another era and the en suite bathroom had the most luxurious soaking tub. The surrounding gardens are beautiful and the air in June was filled with the heady scent of roses and jasmine. It is a magical place you usually can only read about.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms on the second floor at the back...no street noise.