I travelled to Kumarakom during a family vacation last summer and I am writing this review from my notes. Coconut Lagoon is a CGH Earth Property which is on an island and can be accessed only by boat (the hotel arranges transfers). We had taken an overnight houseboat cruise and got off at the landing and walked to the reception where we were greeted by the check in staff. We were then led to our rooms one of which was a Pool villa which had a private pool. Other rooms were in cottages built in old traditional Kerala style. Both were quite well furnished with proper air conditioning. The pool villa opened on the Vembanad lake with a veranda leading into the living room and a bed room. The pool was at the back and behind the villa were open paddy fields. In the evenings one could see people from the nearby village fishing in the lake in front. There were a series of small canals throughout the property.
The hotel has a spa and also offers yoga classes - The massages were very good. The restaurant where the food was served ..usually as a buffet was also open air though with a roof. It offered a good variety in food and a lot of traditional Kerala cuisine. One of the days we were served a special Kerala Thali which had a lot of exotic delicacies like duck. The bar was open air with a limited selection - purportedly because it was off season. The bartender mentioned that they stock up before the peak season when most of the guests are foreigners. We went bird watching one of the mornings with the resident ornithologist and saw an amazing variety of birdlife - a must do thing. We also visited the shop in the hotel which had some interesting antiques and knick-knacks. The staff at this hotel was very warm and courteous. In fact as we checked out a whole bunch of them turned up to see us off. Wi-Fi/mobile coverage is limited. Overall a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An interplay of coconut groves and water channels, with old wooden Keralan homes transplanted, preserved and cherished. Coconut Lagoon is located in a sheltered and enchanting cove in Kumarakom, this resort reflects the diversity and magnificence of Vemband Lake. A CGH Earth experience that respects the rich but delicate ecosphere and the vibrant culture of Kuttanad region. Where old agrarian homes are reconstituted to offers you an entry into a charming world following the gentle pulse of the backwaters. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala