It took us an hour and a half from Kochi airport by car to reach the hotel jetty, which is by the side of the road. The hotel had sent a big motorised boat which transported us to the hotel, as the hotel does not have a road entrance. We were welcomed by live music (flute and drums), garlands, wet towels and served coconut water. The resort is spread over 30 acres and there are different areas for Heritage bungalows, Heritage Mansions and Deluxe pool villas. The Heritage villas are not near the lake but some Heritage Mansions and all pool villas are opposite the lake. The rooms are large, comfortable and well furnished. We stayed in rooms 207 & 208, which were Heritage Mansions. The service during our 3 night stay from 11th Nov, 2016 was impeccable but they do not give newspapers in the room. The breakfast spread is good but too much skewed to south Indian taste. The speciality restaurant which is between Heritage Mansions and pool villas serves a variety of dosas at lunch time and seafood for dinner. A lot of activities are conducted by the resort and they keep you fully occupied all the time. As most of the resort is crisscrossed by water canals, an old lady comes in a canoe near your room to give complementary tea/coffee in the evening which is exotic and unique. The resort also offers speed boat and canoe cruises which we loved a lot. We loved our experience at the resort and would definitely go their again, but the tariff is slightly overpriced because of the heritage tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Lagoon is CGH Earth group's 'celebration of Kerala' on the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom. Built on a coconut grove with water channels in between, this is truly a unique experience for the guests. As a responsible tourism venture, this eco resort brings alive the culture of the place as well as take good measures to protect the environment through its many recycling and protection processes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala