coconut lagoon resort which has become synonymous to kumarakom and Karela was our choice in Kumarakom. We had a grand welcome and smooth check in. Like all hotels we were asked to take the mandatory new year gala dinner which we were informed about and prepared for though they charged us 2k more than informed by agent. The new year cultural program started with warm reception and good performances but shock came in buffet where our group was cornered to some starters and no soft drinks included after charging us 6k per adult. I was expecting a special preparation would be done as we pre-informed of our food restrictions. Off course the buffet was lavish full of seafood and non-veg but something that we could look at but not eat. We made this concern known to agent who in turn passed it on to GM. Next evening they gave special attention to the group and served us lovely food. Activities at resort were very interesting and engaging. It was close to nature experience in this 100% green resort. They have sunset cruise, yoga, martial art, dance performances, bird watching, fish feeding, butterfly garden and nature walk to name the few. They have a lovely ayurvedic spa with well trained staff; a good place to relax and pamper yourself. At check out GM was present and was aware of our not so good food experience at gala. He offered his sincere apologies and made our dinner on second night and some other incidentals complementary which was a nice gesture that proves they are concerned about guest experience and do not shy away from accepting mistakes with humility. Overall experience was 4.5 out of 5.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coconut Lagoon is CGH Earth group's 'celebration of Kerala' on the Vembanad Lake, Kumarakom. Built on a coconut grove with water channels in between, this is truly a unique experience for the guests. As a responsible tourism venture, this eco resort brings alive the culture of the place as well as take good measures to protect the environment through its many recycling and protection processes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Coconut Lagoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Lagoon Hotel Kumarakom
- Coconut Lagoon Kumarakom, Kerala