“Pretty much perfect, and just what I needed”
other traveller has booked this property
living room Living room I
Bed room
lobby
Bathroom II
Living room II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
highermat...
Los Angeles, California
“Pretty much perfect, and just what I needed”
Reviewed 28 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I have been on a whirlwind two-month tour of India, and I had hoped that three days on a houseboat would be a nice break and a chance to relax. I was right, and the only challenge was getting off the boat.

Jayaraj the owner, Sumesh the captain, and Vipin the chef were wonderful and took care of my every need. Jayaraj even arranged a car to take be to my train in Kochi via a gorgeous hill station.

I pretty much just sat there for three days as we cruised the lake, the canals, and channels of the backwaters. They have a nice sound system, so I connected my phone and made up any soundtrack that suited the moment.

The boat is simple, but it had everything that I needed for a wonderful trip.

And then there was the food. Mostly, I had the tasty (and boney) local pearl spot fish, prepared six different ways. Like I had been told, I was given the opportunity to supplement the menu by buying local tiger prawns, which I did. Vipin's tiger prawn curry in banana leaf was one of the best dishes I have ever had. I want to go back for more!

Management Response
26 Feb 2018
Greetings from Backwater Routes !!!

Dear Cary Sir,

We thank you for honoring us with your patronage. It is always a pleasure to have you with us and our team still fondly remembers welcoming you & taking you all around the backwaters for three days. Your compliments pertaining to the overall excellent stay as well as special appreciation of some of our team members are highly valued. We have also taken a note of your feedback and ensure to do the needful.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We hope to host you again with your spouse !

Warm Regards from Team

Backwater Routes Houseboats
AnsuyaP4
“Best Houseboat for Couple in Kumarakom Backwaters”
Reviewed 30 December 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We spent a night stay onboard their Luxury 01 bedroom Houseboat it is one of the best experiences we had in Gods own country. The boat staff were very pleasingly cheerful & informative. The boat is new with bamboo furniture's the rooms & baths were very neat /tidy and kept in good conditions.The chef made some of the best South India delicacies we have tasted in that region. The Karimen polichathu was one of our favourites. I would highly recommend them for anyone proceeding to Kumrakom / Allepey region for backwater cruise.

Your age range 25-34
Management Response
26 Feb 2018
Hi Ansuya

Thank you for the five-star rating on this esteemed travel forum. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful time cruising the backwaters and overnight stay with us. We aim to provide the best backwater cruise and accommodations, making our guest’s stay a memorable and pleasant experience. Our facilities have been crafted to provide secluded backwater treat.

Warm regards,

Team Backwater Routes Houseboats
Padmamoha...
Kottayam, India
“Best Kerala Houseboat cruises in Kumarakom”
Reviewed 8 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017

We just went on backwater on this Houseboat laskt week...
We felt as if we were in different world altogether like with home Like feeling on backwaters. It is fitted with all facility of lodging, dining, cooking and sitting arrangements. Humble staff and management, food was cooked according to our tastes & the dishes we informed the last day.

Neat and clean washroom with hot water was that made our stay more pleasant.
It was awesome experience on water while having our drinks and meal.

The knowledge of boat driver about the backwaters and its history is amazing

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing