“Excellent stay!”

Ashirwad Heritage Resorts
Ranked #25 of 26 Hotels in Kumarakom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a night & it was very nice, comfortable stay. Hotel was very clean & nice ambience, decoration in it. Room & bathroom were spacious & clean. Staff are also cooperative. Breakfast was also delicious. Bird sanctuary is at distance of 1.5 km.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank pranav_shah

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Ashirwad resort at kumarakom (chakrampady) is a very good place to stay. It is located around 2 hrs and 80 kms from nearest airport - Cochin. The hospitality shown by all the staff is worth mentioning. In particular the warmth and hospitality shown by Mr. Shan (reception) and Giash is very good. Shan was very kind enough to help us in sharing the local knowledge, the routes and places to visit and he was very polite in answering my queries. Giash with his ever smiling face helped us in his capacity. Mr Shibin and Lijo (from restaurant )also helped us respectively.The rooms were very neat and well maintained. We requested for wifi and it was provided immediately. Good service by the person who helped us with the modem. TV is provided in all rooms (only disappointment was star sports 4,2 and 1 channels were not coming ).. Another Advantage you have with this resort is it is located bang on in the kumarakom to kottayam main road. So you have buses going either side to kottayam as well as to cherthala and there is a bus stop very near from the resort. Just 1.5 km from the resort you can hire a private shikara ride charged around 450 rs per hour for a couple. Avail these sevices either at dawn or dusk and its worth going in it. Coming to restaurant the service is good but the choices for a vegan like me was very limited. Definitely some more vegan dishes can be added in the menu. One suggestion would be the common door for the restaurant and the beer & wine room can be closed as it is uncomfortable sitting in the restaurant seeing people drink closeby. It gives an uncomfortable feeling for ladies.suggestion would be have separate staffs for restaurant and drinks section as if the same staff is serving both he hops between these two services and the door is kept open always. Overall it is a great experience staying at Ashirwad Resorts. Thank you for the entire team for taking care of us for those 4 days like a family. Looking forward for a continuous relationship.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank bharatvb
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Its an excellent stay in Ashirwad last week
Rooms and neat and clean
Excellent service
Tasty food
Staff cooperation is very good
Keep it up
Restaurant is very neat and clean
house boat and other sight seeing facility available and we are enjoyed alot

Room Tip: Ashirwad Magestic Rooms are good and well furnished and we are accomodate in this room and also a go...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank shibinz
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in this resort- the serene and peaceful atmosphere along with friendly, courteous, and pleasant staff who pampered their guests during their stay in a breathtaking paradise; Kumarakom makes it an awesome spot for a vacation. Not to mention the tasty food enriched with the perfect blend of spices, the aww Kerala cuisine, and the desserts too!
I enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank joeytr
Reviewed 16 November 2013

This is a long detailed story about the worst service I've probably ever had, but it is worth reading if you are considering staying here.

We arrive on our first night at about 9:30PM. We get into our room quickly and the guy at the front desk is very helpful. We eat a last minute dinner because dinner closes at 9:30PM, all they seemed to have left was rice and noodles, which was fine because tasted ok, though the prices on the menu were different than on the bill, but it didn't make enough of a difference to us at the time.

Breakfast in the morning was cold. Not really complaint worthy for us, we were a bit late for breakfast. We went out on a houseboat during the day, which was pleasant. As I said, it was a great location.

One of us went for a swim after we got back. There was a dead frog in the filter, which we had a laugh about. We are quite lenient travelers so despite nothing being particularly ideal, everything was still ok with us.

We return for dinner at about 7:30PM, so that we didn't miss out on the majority of the menu like the night before. We sit down and try to order a few things, but once again most of the food isn't available, despite dinner having just started. Fair enough, we order what we can get. My girlfriend and one of our other friends both order egg fried rice, as it was decent last night and one of the few dishes they had available. Our friend's rice comes out and is the same as the night before. My girlfriend's rice comes out and the egg is black and the rice is visibly burnt. It tastes horrible.

Naturally, we ask the waiter for a new dish. Mind you the service is incredibly slow, the waiter is on his phone while taking our orders and he kept having to come back to confirm our orders, so it's about 9:00 at this point. After a minute of discussion, where he was making excuses about how her rice was "spicy" or something, when it was apparently burnt, he takes it back. About 2 minutes later, he brings back THE EXACT SAME DISH, saying it was a new one. We make it very clear that it was the exact same burnt dish and we wanted a new one as it was inedible. So he takes it back and after another 5 minutes he brings us THE SAME DISH AGAIN with new egg on top. At this point we were all upset and frustrated because everyone else had finished their food and we simply told him we weren't going to pay for it and it simply took too long.

The waiter continues to argue with us about the rice being different or being fine. He refuses to bring the bill without the rice on it so we tell him to just bring the bill with it on it, but we won't pay for it. He brings us the bill and we leave enough money for everything except the fried rice. Our group leaves, all of us go outside for a few minutes to get some water down the street since it's much cheaper, except my girlfriend who goes back to the room. We are only gone for about 10 minutes. We get back and the waiter is at the front desk, where they begin to harass us again for not paying the bill. We explain it over and over again, telling them we won't pay. They try to guilt trip us because the "waiter will have to cover our bill," but we don't care at this point because of how much trouble the waiter was giving us the whole time. Eventually we sign the bill crossing out the rice and changing the total and agree to talk on the phone with a manager in the morning since he would not be here for a few days (if there actually is a manager).

It's not over yet though.

I go up and my girlfriend tells me that THEY CAME UP TO OUR ROOM, where she was alone and they KNEW she was alone because they saw the rest of us leave and tried to guilt her into paying the bill, saying things like it was made with soy sauce and such.

I am beyond livid at this point. I have never been treated so poorly in a restaurant and it is so unbelievably inappropriate for the staff to come up to our room where my girlfriend is alone completely uninvited. I go downstairs and the staff starts making more excuses and trying to convince me to pay the bill. I end up yelling at them for fifteen minutes to try to make the simple point that it is unbelievably inappropriate for the staff to come to our room and harass my girlfriend because they cannot accept the faults in their service. They make excuses and eventually I manage to get an apology out of the guy at the front desk, with the waiters still adamant on the idea that their actions were ok. I decided to retire to my room, as the whole ordeal was exhausting and not worth anymore of my time since we were checking out early the next morning.

This is a warning to anyone staying here. This could happen to you. There is apparently no manager most days. The staff is argumentative, rude and incredibly unhelpful. And most of all, completely inappropriate to their guests. There is no sense of professionalism and I have never had service worse than this any where in India. It was appalling and I hope no one continues to support this pathetic excuse for a "resort."

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Belen F
Ashirwad_Kumarakom, Owner at Ashirwad Heritage Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback. I sincerely apologies for your unpleasant experience in my resort. I have initiated an internal enquiry to identify the staff involved in this incident, and I ensure strict disciplinary action will be taken.

As you could see in other reviews, my staff is very friendly with the guest and the restaurant is famous for tasty food. This being the facts, I am bit surprised by this incident. It would have been a great help if you had demanded to meet the General Manager immediately to sort out the matter in a way favourable to you.

I request you to contact me at info@ashirwadheritageresorts.com, so that I can take this to a closure. Once again, please do accept my sincere apologies and thank you for your stay at my resort.

MD
Ashirwad Heritage Resorts

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Good hotel with friendly staff. Very nice interior and decor. I really liked the room, it was clean and cosy. Good location. The food in the restaurant was very nice, however the same cannot be said for breakfast - not much variety and was cold. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anjm83
Reviewed 26 October 2013

One of the worst hotels I ever stayed. They dont give news papers in morning. Entire hotel has to depend on one newspaper in lobby. Breakfast was the worst ever anyone can have. Room service gets delayed so much that you'll forget what you have ordered and you have to remind them 2-3 times. For one bottle of water we had to wait 1/2 hour. They have pool and they supply liquor in pool, so u can swim and drink/dine etc- not ideal atmosphere for family n kids. Bathrooms are tiny. Wi-fi is one more enigma, you have to literally run around to catch signal that too not possible. Finally they brought modem,which is used for home, and put in the room on repeated demanding, that too did not work. Take it as no wifi hotel. It's not a resort for God's sake. The website and everything is misleading. Finally it's too expensive compared to the service they provide. Restaurant is ok. Final verdict: avoid this

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business