Kumarakkom Lake Resort - A Paradise true to its tag line. I am only just back from the trip to the resort with my husband, fresh as dew. I wanted to write the review while I was there at the resort, but out of pure lack of time (since I was engulfed by the sweetness of the place) and out of sheer laziness (brought about by awesome surroundings, mouth-watering food & having my husband all to myself away from the hustle & bustle of normal life), I felt I would not be able to do justice to the review if I wrote it while at KLR
I thank God for having found us this resort (in His own country). It was pure luck & by chance that we landed into KLR's website :) I must say my husband has a beautiful taste when it comes to choosing & picking artful things (including me). Mr.Mani from the admin office at Chennai was truly accomodative in getting us the right package and itinerary for our three day trip
The resort has been built on the beautiful banks of the Vembanad lake - a traditional yet classic set up, with a picturesque & aesthetic touch to it. When you walk into the resort, you feel you have just walked into a page out of a fairytale book. The reception area is exteremly well maintained with smiling hosts, enough number of relaxation seaters & 'aattukattil' (lengthy swings) that can be found only in grandparents' houses. You can catch your first glimpse of the lake and you fall in love instantaneously with the place.
The staff take you around and let you explore pottery making, mat weaving, the souvenir shop and the restaurant. We had a short tour and sat back in the beautiful lawn (also, the place for tea-time snacks) to engulf the complete beauty of the place.
The rooms are just beyond imagination - a perfect blend of tradition with the modern amenities. We stayed in the Private Pool Villa for the first day and the Meandering Pool Villa on the second day. We planned it this way since we wanted to have a taste of both the views. The private pool villa is just perfect for honeymooners and couples!The room spells 'Romance' with just the right kind of lighting, the ambience and I could actually take in the fragrance of love! Kudos guys, for having maintained the rooms so so well. Since my husband is a TV-buff, he loved staying in the cosy room with a pool by your side, insects chirping in the neighbourhood, food brought in by excellent room-service (customized to suit your taste), and watching TV without a care in the world! As for me, I loved nothing more than sitting in the pool all day and watching TV alongside! Being a poor swimmer, I often do not get a chance to enjoy water places - but, on the wonderful pools, even an infant can spend time happily and safely!
Coming to the food - The complimentary breakfast spread is a royal feast and sets your taste buds asking for more! The lunch and dinner buffets are slightly expensive (including the taxes and stuff), but there are umpteen varieties in the Ala Carte menu which spoil you for choices. The chef is really a master of his own! He twists and tosses the spices and puts them in the dishes that go straight to your tummy & heart - and you end up eating more (and getting worried about the kilos you are eventually going to put up :P)
The sunset cruise was thoroughly enjoyable - the sweet beat of little waves on the river, tiny raindrops, a band playing music that brings tranquility & the resort seeming like a palace shimmering with little lights as you come back to it! After the sunset cruise, the walk around the resort was just fantastic - tiny lights all around the pools, happy people & merry-making children.
I would love the congratulate the entire team of KLR for their hospitality. If I could take names, I want to thank Binoy - for being so friendly, sportive. He just brings so much cheer to all the guests! Way to go, Binoy - we are sure you'll be a superstar in the coming years. Very lovely young ladies - Adhira, Vinu who never forget their smile or sincerity, no matter how many times we troubled them for food and dine! Thank you charming gals - you are gonna have beautiful lives ahad :) I also forgot the name of the gentleman who served our first lunch in the resort (a calm, composed & sincere gentleman) and the beautiful lady who showed us to our rooms, again, on the first day! Once more, amazing job guys, and keep up the good work!
If I need a reason to whine, it would be about the slower check-in procedure (of course, this only adds to your impatience to get to your room and have a view of the pool), but you guys could improve a bit on the check-out & check-in times! Also, unfortunately for us, the TVs in both the rooms we stayed were faulty & we had to get the service engineer to work on it (of course, he landed on dot to get the TV replaced)
All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the break - to rest & relax in nature's lap & under KLR's nurture! I would love to see you guys do the amazing job always. My best wishes, and I felrt really bad that I could stay only a short duration in your beautiful landscape. I am coming back, really soon! God Bless!!!!
Aadi & Sharan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kerala's leading resort by the side of famous Vembanadu lake, the largest backwaters of Kerala, located north of Kumarakom. An ideal backwater resort for honeymoon holidays, leisure holidays, family vacation, etc. All the villas are centrally air conditioned - There are 7 lake view heritage villa with plunge pools, 15 Heritage Garden view Villas with plunge pools, 26 meandering Pool Villas, 9 Luxury Pavillion Rooms with heated Jacuzzi, 2 Presidential Suite with private Pool and 4 Air conditioned House boats with 7 rooms. Air conditioned Conference hall with 85 Pax theatre style seating facility available. 100 seater restaurant with traditional Kerala architecture, 45 seater seafood restaurant with bar available. Kerala's traditional Ayurveda, Yoga, and backwater cruise facility available. The entire resort is Wi-Fi enabled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Kumarakom Lake Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kumarakom Lake Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Lake Resort Kerala