I stayed here for one night to break the journey between Kovalam and Cochin. It was a very beautiful setting, quiet, idyllic and incredibly peaceful - in short completely different to the rest of India. It was a little tired and the food wasn't as good as the Taj in Kovalam so I could probably have given this a 3.5 but Tripadvisor doesn't let you, but it was good and had a wonderful feel to it. All rooms (cottages) overlook a lagoon and even the cheapest are spacious and well laid out. They organise an evening boat trip onto Lake Vembanad which is completely free and then serve chai overlooking the lake.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the Kottayam district of Kerala. Located on the picturesque Vembanad Lake, Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom, Kerala, is a 30-minute drive from the Kottayam railway station or an hour's drive from Cochin city. Kerala's backwaters surround the 140-year old colonial bungalow which houses this resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Hotels.com, DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Taj Garden Retreat Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Taj Garden Retreat
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Kerala