The property itself was above average, but no way near what you expect from Taj. Part of it is because this is the Vivanta line and not the flagship Taj line. We were debating between this hotel and the Lake Resort. We stayed 3 nights, 1 of which we ended staying a night at Spice Village in Thekkady. We stayed at one of their whirpool infinity pool villas which was a delight and the actual room was well equipped and furnished. The let downs begin to occur when it comes to their facilities. Their gym is absolutely sub par for a Taj. Their spa looks unwelcoming. Their lake area smells too strong which is a turn off during their evening classical dance performances. Additionally, their breakfast was very sloppy. There are many areas which Taj Vivanta Kumarakom can improve to justify its 4-5 star price and live up to the Taj brand. I would recommend this hotel solely for its room accommodations and helpful staff, not for the facilities itself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the Kottayam district of Kerala. Located on the picturesque Vembanad Lake, Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom, Kerala, is a 30-minute drive from the Kottayam railway station or an hour's drive from Cochin city. Kerala's backwaters surround the 140-year old colonial bungalow which houses this resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Taj Garden Retreat Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Taj Garden Retreat
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Kerala