Property is good and nicely maintained. Staff is very cordial and prompt in service. One has to travel about 500 m to arrive at the accommodation from the reception. This could be nightmare for the elderly and during rains. Food is slightly expensive. Good properties at comparable rates are available nearby like Coconut lagoon, Zuri etc. WiFi chargeable. Cable TV has good reception. There are no water jets in the toilets, which is surprising. Toilets and bathroom have open roof, which proves uncomfortable to ladies. The rooms have ample sitting place in the front as well as rear sides. Hotel has many activities for the guests like sunset cruise, fishing, lamp lighting etc. There are rooms above the main bar but it is recommended to stay in the cottages to get the real feel of the property. The resort organizes local dance and music for the guests during dinner time.
Recommend country boat ride for the guests. It is cheap Rs.650 per hour and gives a good glimpse of local village life and by-lanes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the Kottayam district of Kerala. Located on the picturesque Vembanad Lake, Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom, Kerala, is a 30-minute drive from the Kottayam railway station or an hour's drive from Cochin city. Kerala's backwaters surround the 140-year old colonial bungalow which houses this resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Taj Garden Retreat Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Taj Garden Retreat
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Kerala