This property is fabulous! The scenic view of the Vembanad Lake in the backdrop is breathtaking. We had gone there in Nov 2009. The trip still is very fresh and the most memorable one. The staff were polite and welcoming. The complimentary boat ride that we took was worth the ride. The food is good as they have an authentic menu. Since my wife was expecting she had the craving to have the typical home-made authentic kerala style dishes. We asked the restaurant manager and they readily ask us what my wife would love to have..... She still remembers the heavenly taste of the dishes till today :) Our older daughter who was 20mths then too enjoyed herself to the best in the hammocks, the swings and the children play centre at the hotel. I would recommend this place as a must visit for family and honeymooning couples. I can bet you wont be disappointed. If you really wanna enjoy the food in kerala, you should definitely try the traditional and authentic kerala style menu for lunch and dinner....If you haven't tried it...then you're missing something..... And yes do not forget to try the kareemeen polichathu!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backwater Ripples offers 34 luxury independent cottages in a variety of styles to cater various requirements. The accommodation is spacious, private and superbly appointed with state of the art designer amenities and personalized services. The resort has wide range of facilities to make sure a comfort and memorable stay in our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Backwater Ripples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backwater Ripples Hotel Kumarakom
- Backwater Ripples Hotel Kottayam
- Backwater Ripples Kottayam
- Backwater Ripples Kumarakom, Kerala