This hotel is very nice but I have mainly given it three stars due to it's location and the stunning scenery.
The first room we were in was not very good and I complained so they moved us to a much better room.
I have to say it could be a bit cleaner and the rooms are not as good as they look online.
The food was nice enough and we only really stayed here to do a rice boat tour and it was convenient for being picked up by the boat.
The pool was a nice touch bit is tiny and when there is another huge family staying, as there was with us, it was impossible to have a dip without being overrun by other people.
Nice enough but nothing special.
We actually travelled here in December 2011.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backwater Ripples offers 34 luxury independent cottages in a variety of styles to cater various requirements. The accommodation is spacious, private and superbly appointed with state of the art designer amenities and personalized services. The resort has wide range of facilities to make sure a comfort and memorable stay in our resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Backwater Ripples reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backwater Ripples Hotel Kumarakom
- Backwater Ripples Hotel Kottayam
- Backwater Ripples Kottayam
- Backwater Ripples Kumarakom, Kerala