Backwater Ripples
Taj Hotels
US$198
US$154
Great 4.5/5
Green Fields Kumarakom(Kumarakom)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$78
Cocobay Resort(Kumarakom)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$66
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Abad Whispering Palms Lake Resort(Kumarakom)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$84
Coconut Lagoon(Kumarakom)
US$198
US$173
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Backwater Retreat Theme House(Kumarakom)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$34
US$333
US$260
Aveda Kumarakom(Kumarakom)
US$133
US$129
Great 4.5/5
Lake Palace Family Resort(Kumarakom)(Great Value!)
US$20
US$18
  • Restaurant
All reviewsswimming pooldecent resortlake view roomboat ridesunset cruiseayurveda centercultural programmerestaurant staffhouse boatthe resort offersother resortsmaintained propertycourteous staffbreakfast spreadgreat hospitalityfront officerooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 June 2014

They say 13 Lake View rooms but there is actually only one. Unless you specify the room from the picture you will not have a view of the lake.

The lake view rooms according to the listing have many things and definitely do not include bath robes, slippers, sky view bathroom or a bathtub and separate shower.

Room 117 is the one from the photos and the only one on site like it. Due the resort construction it is the only one that can possibly do that.

The complimentary sunset cruise leaves and returns at least an hour before sunset. Don't bother as you are cramped in to a hot enclosed boat with poor safety equipment.

The pool is dangerous, the food is not great.

Not worth the money but the place next door looks lovely. All the rooms have balconies over looking the lake. I'd stay there if I went back.

The cleaners parked their trolley next to our terrace which meant that we felt in the way when we sat there.

Also, the resort has some speed boats which sound their horn when coming and going. Is that really necessary at 8am. I'm on holiday for flip sake!

1 hr 10 mins for a cold beer to arrive at the table. Fantastic service!

Room Tip: Room 117 is the one that looks so lovely in the photos and if that's what you;'re expecting then that is the one you will need to confirm in any booking.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Instructorevil
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed with the resort last month with my family, was a decent stay food can be better and the co ordination among the staff could be better. other wise all together a good stay with some good time in the pool my baby enjoyed a lot.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vdkvarma
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Good rooms - very helpful with a 6month baby in tow.
The ayurvedic spa was great; food at the restaurant was very nice with a great selection.
Had a thoroughyl enjoyable 3 day stay at Backwater Ripples

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

we recently traveled to kumarakom and as suggested by chrison holidays we have selected backwater ripples resort. This resort is just facing towards the vast backwaters of Kerala. The location was amazing and so beautiful. We can just jump into the backwater like that only the resort located. Even though the food was very expensive, we enjoyed it. It is really suggestible to the travelers but a little expensive. Thanks to chrison holidays and backwater ripples. Sunil jha

Room Tip: Dinner can be avoided, since it is a little expensive. You will get good food nearby
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The resort is set beside the Vembanad Lake and it has a very relaxing and laid-back surroundings. The garden is well-maintained and the restaurant staff try their best to assist although they can be a little confused at times.

However, the rooms are not very well cleaned and maintained. On our first night of arrival, we were desperate for a hot shower but found the bath tub unclean. It was full of hair remnants and dead insects and dirt! It was really not acceptable and I was thinking to myself, oh dear it is 1 am at night and we really need to bathe and sleep after a flight. And considering that it was already so late and I wasn't too sure even if I call for housekeeping whether they will take much longer than it takes for me to clean it myself, I decided to heck it and spray clean the bath tub myself!

We also found the floor tiles to be generally unclean. They always have this sticky feeling giving us the impression that they seldom mop the tiles. On our first night, we also found left over muruku and chips on the floor beside the easy chair but fortunately, the housekeeper cleared it the next day. But this shows that they did not clean up the place properly after the last guest checked out.

But at least, the bed sheets are clean and the bed is comfortable. If you call for the housekeeping services, they also take quite a long while to come but they will eventually come. So I can only say this place is just average.

Will I recommend this place? if they improve on their cleanliness and maintenance of the room, then I will especially since it is not a cheap place.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple