I had the opportunity to stay at the Presidential Pool Villa last week and I must admit that The Zuri Kumarakom is one of the best properties that I have stayed in Kerala. The warm welcome and the ease of checking in made us comfortable straight away. While being driven to our room in the buggy, we were informed of all the facilities, cultural activities and entertainment options. The staff were friendly, efficient and knowledgeable.
However, there were a few things that I thought could be improved.
1. The sunset cruise was disappointing. It was an hour for a round trip to view the sunset. There was really no views during the boat ride except the few minutes of sunset. The boat was obviously a traditional boat with a loud diesel engine and strong smell of diesel throughout the trip made is quite uncomfortable for us. As we were staying only for a night at the property, we really thought that this was a waste of time. We could have utilized this time to enjoy the good views around the resort especially as the lighting during the sunset would have been perfect for photography. I would therefore not recommend this trip if you are in the property only for a night. I would have loved to ride in a traditional row boat or a battery powered boat through the canals with beautiful scenery on both sides.
2. The cultural program was excellent. However, the announcements were not audible. A few of us also thought that there should have been an introduction to the artist and the form of art as most of the guests were either from abroad or from other parts of India. It cannot be assumed that they are aware of the different types of art/dance in Kerala. The kid who danced was not introduced and neither was the form of dance. This was extremely disappointing as she did a great job, her expressions were good and considering that she was a young girl, this would have been very encouraging.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If heaven was a place on earth, it would be on the banks of a breathtaking Vembanad Lake that spreads serenely over 205 square kilometres of picture perfect beauty. And it is. Set in 18 verdant acres on the shores of the Vembanad Lake and just 2 hours from the Cochin International Airport, The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala, Resort & Spa is a five–star deluxe spa resort in Kumarakom, set at the heart of the beautiful Southern state of Kerala–fondly referred to as ‘God’s Own Country’. Standing directly beside the Lake, this Kerala resort offers spacious living–dining rooms, traditional Indian–style bedrooms and individual gardens with private plunge pools.Opened in 2006, The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is the winner of the 2007 and 2008 ‘Best Resort Spa Hotel in India’ title. Home to the largest spa in South India, Maya Spa offers not only western and oriental therapies but also authentic Ayurvedic practices at our resort in Kerala. The distinctive Body Temple, picturesquely situated on an island in the centre of the lagoon, is the perfect location for yoga, meditation or simply quiet contemplation.The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is perfect for an extended break with its idyllic location and world–class amenities. The hotel offers many leisure options, including a large swimming pool with water–spouting elephant sculptures and a luxury spa in Kumarakom with Ayurvedic treatments. The Lime Tree, Laguna Bass and Trunk Call Bar serve very good Indian and international cuisine. Experience the heavenly beauty of Kumarakom in all its tranquil glory. Recreated and preserved to awaken every sense… to experience pure bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Zuri Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zuri Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Kumarakom
- Radisson Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Radisson
- The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala