The Zuri Resort appears to be slowly decaying. While our stay there was pleasant, evidence of lack of routine maintenance was very noticeable.
In our room the hot water pot was broken, the screen between the bathroom and bedroom was off track, paint is beginning to peel. Furniture looks worn as does the floors. Outside furniture looks especially worn. With all water in the area, the grass was turning brown.
We booked a reservation at their Bass Seafood restaurant. It opens at 7:00pm.
We made reservations for 7:30 pm. Got there at 7:20, the chef had not arrived nor was the kitchen turned on. They said they only had 2 reservations. We declined to eat there and went to their buffet in the main restaurant. On the way over we saw the chef riding over with food. With only 2 reservations, it is obvious that the seafood would not be fresh.
Be very careful at the pool - palm plants have been placed in front of the steps forcing one to attempt to enter where the water jets are. Both my wife and I fell as the attendant looked on!!
Service everywhere is a little slow.
Finally, we fell victim to a state wide strike and asked to be allowed a late checkout since we could not leave the hotel until 5:00. Unfortately they were not real sympathic - had to spend 6 hours in a very hot lobby! They said rooms had already been booked, but the traffic during our 5 hour stay in the lobby did not appear to bear that out. I would stay here again despite what issues I saw. It is a good 4 star.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If heaven was a place on earth, it would be on the banks of a breathtaking Vembanad Lake that spreads serenely over 205 square kilometres of picture perfect beauty. And it is. Set in 18 verdant acres on the shores of the Vembanad Lake and just 2 hours from the Cochin International Airport, The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala, Resort & Spa is a five–star deluxe spa resort in Kumarakom, set at the heart of the beautiful Southern state of Kerala–fondly referred to as ‘God’s Own Country’. Standing directly beside the Lake, this Kerala resort offers spacious living–dining rooms, traditional Indian–style bedrooms and individual gardens with private plunge pools.Opened in 2006, The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is the winner of the 2007 and 2008 ‘Best Resort Spa Hotel in India’ title. Home to the largest spa in South India, Maya Spa offers not only western and oriental therapies but also authentic Ayurvedic practices at our resort in Kerala. The distinctive Body Temple, picturesquely situated on an island in the centre of the lagoon, is the perfect location for yoga, meditation or simply quiet contemplation.The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is perfect for an extended break with its idyllic location and world–class amenities. The hotel offers many leisure options, including a large swimming pool with water–spouting elephant sculptures and a luxury spa in Kumarakom with Ayurvedic treatments. The Lime Tree, Laguna Bass and Trunk Call Bar serve very good Indian and international cuisine. Experience the heavenly beauty of Kumarakom in all its tranquil glory. Recreated and preserved to awaken every sense… to experience pure bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Zuri Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zuri Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Kumarakom
- Radisson Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Radisson
- The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala