My wife and I visited Kumarakom with friends and stayed at the Zuri Kumarakom for 2 nights in October 2013. We arrived at the resort in early evening (in time for tea) after a tiring drive from Thekaddy. The fresh coconut water and cold towels at the reception were just what was needed to refresh us.
We were offered adjacent (interconnecting) rooms, which was great for us but we found out that one of the rooms had twin beds instead of a single king-sized bed. They were flexible to change rooms for us but their coordination with the front desk was short of what you'd expect at an upscale resort. They took good part of an hour Showing us the limited rooms available and in the end we were too tired and settled for rooms which were a little far.
The rooms were comfortable, adequately sized and tastefully furnished. The room opened up to a porch with a view of the resort's artificial lagoon/lake connected to the main Vembanad lake. The resort offers free Peddle boat, bamboo raft and fishing activities in the lake which we found was quite a fun way to unwind.
Complementary access to the gym and Jacuzzi was good but shuts down in the evening. The swimming pool is too small for a resort this size and shuts down at dusk.
The resort organizes an evening sunset cruise ride in the Vembanad lake, for a cost. The boat ride is good as it offers a good view of the lake and floating houseboats around but it, in no way comes close to the "famous" houseboat ride. I feel the resort can do better in this department.
Coming to the food. The complementary evening tea with snacks was a welcome surprise for us. Breakfast buffet spread was elaborate and live counters offered a selections of made to order eggs and Dosas. We found the Ala'carte dinner to be a little expensive and choices limited, but with no other dining options around, we had to settle for what was on offer.
All in all, a good property to stay for a couple of days. Very good rooms extremely courteous staff but the resort can do better in the other departments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If heaven was a place on earth, it would be on the banks of a breathtaking Vembanad Lake that spreads serenely over 205 square kilometres of picture perfect beauty. And it is. Set in 18 verdant acres on the shores of the Vembanad Lake and just 2 hours from the Cochin International Airport, The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala, Resort & Spa is a five–star deluxe spa resort in Kumarakom, set at the heart of the beautiful Southern state of Kerala–fondly referred to as ‘God’s Own Country’. Standing directly beside the Lake, this Kerala resort offers spacious living–dining rooms, traditional Indian–style bedrooms and individual gardens with private plunge pools.Opened in 2006, The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is the winner of the 2007 and 2008 ‘Best Resort Spa Hotel in India’ title. Home to the largest spa in South India, Maya Spa offers not only western and oriental therapies but also authentic Ayurvedic practices at our resort in Kerala. The distinctive Body Temple, picturesquely situated on an island in the centre of the lagoon, is the perfect location for yoga, meditation or simply quiet contemplation.The Zuri Kumarakom, Kerala Resort & Spa is perfect for an extended break with its idyllic location and world–class amenities. The hotel offers many leisure options, including a large swimming pool with water–spouting elephant sculptures and a luxury spa in Kumarakom with Ayurvedic treatments. The Lime Tree, Laguna Bass and Trunk Call Bar serve very good Indian and international cuisine. Experience the heavenly beauty of Kumarakom in all its tranquil glory. Recreated and preserved to awaken every sense… to experience pure bliss. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Zuri Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Zuri Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Hotel Kumarakom
- Zuri Kumarkom Kumarakom
- Radisson Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Radisson
- The Zuri Kumarakom Kerala