“Sunday dinner”

At The Crossroads Family Restaurant Ltd.
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Elmira
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A family restaurant in the heart of Ontario’s Mennonite country. Featuring homestyle cooking done on the premises. We offer regular menu dining plus daily buffets which include, soups, breads, salads, hot items, and our dessert table. WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE, bus parking & group rates available. Courteous, friendly staff serving you in a clean and smoke free environment. 5000 sq. ft. gift shop on site makes us a destination not simply a place to dine. Central for shopping, theatre, garden, or cultural/heritage tours.
Waterloo, Canada
“Sunday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

We have been to the Crossroads several times. We went for dinner on Sunday and we both found it a very relaxing and enjoyable. I always had a carbonated drink in the past so it was so nice to find out they had lemonade. It was so refreshing. Thanks to Emily for being such a pleasant waitress.

Visited May 2014

ontario
“Great breakfast buffet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I just love going here for the breakfast buffet! They have the best waffles around! All you can eat for a great price!

• Visited April 2014
Cambridge, Canada
“FINALLY got to At The Crossroads!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have always wanted to try At The Crossroads Family Restaurant, I've often driven past it but never had time to stop in. I have to say, I was not disappointed in the least! My companion and I arrived around 11:30 for the Saturday lunch buffet. It was the day before Mother's Day and there were lots of reservations but they were able to accommodate us no problem. The restaurant is huge, bright and very clean. There was lost of space between tables so customers were not having to move chairs in so others could get by.

There was a lot of choice on the buffet including 2 salad bars, soup, breads, 2 hot buffets that included turkey, stuffing, roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy (even GLUTEN FREE gravy), chicken, sausage, sauerkraut, a good choice of vegetables and taco makings. Everything was hot and fresh. The only think I was disappointed in was the mashed potatoes, they were a little too runny for my liking.

After enjoying our main course, we took a trip to the dessert buffet. Oh my! What wonderful choices!! There were homemade pies (french rhubarb, pumpkin, raspberry cream, custard, apple crumble, lemon, coconut butter tart and probably a couple I've missed), apple bundles with caramel sauce, chocolate pudding cake, and ice cream. They also had GLUTTEN and SUGAR FREE pies which impressed me. Also GLUTEN FREE rice pudding.

Make sure when you go, to allow time to wander the beautiful gift shop. I am going to have to make a special trip back to take a closer look at the beautiful items they have in their shop.

You definitely will not be disappointed at At The Crossroads Family Restaurant!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank flossie2081
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've been going to the Crossroads for over 20 years. I love the gift shop probably spent over$100. Then we went to the restaurant. My friend had the buffet, I had soup and salad. I just had gastric bypass surgery and have to eat slow. It takes me an hour to an hour and a half just to eat what little I can. My friend didn't even get to finish her dessert when we were told we had to leave because there was a reservation at our table. There were several tables around us and a whole empty room. They said they try to give everyone 2hrs. We'd only been there 1 1/2. I've never been told I had to leave. I mean when you come from out of town and want to visit. It won't be at Crossroads there are many other good restaurants that you can sit for as long as you want without being told you have to leave because of a reservation..I mean why not but us in a booth which I'm sure never gets reserved and there were empty ones. It will be a long time I take friends out to be treated like that....then were you come out there was only one family waiting with one child. When you pay almost $20 for your meal you should be able to sit and enjoy it.
Long time before I'll bring friends ever again if ever.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Marie W
Massey, Canada
“So many choices and all so delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have dined here several times over the past year and I have never been disappointed. It is a very clean family style restaurant with an enormous buffet, however you can order à la carte as well. The staff are friendly, but not intrusive and there is ample parking. I have gone home eating far too much because everything was so good. It is an hour's drive for me to eat here, but worth every minute on the road.

• Visited April 2014