Overall it is a nice place and we had a good time, however our stay was not excellent. We were there with two young kids.
Anything to do with food was a headache.
1. Dinner- while kids have a buffet dinner, adults order form a menu. The waiting time to get the meal we've ordered was VERY long, so of course kids had already finished their meals and grew quite restless, and we were still waiting for ours. When we mentioned this to the server, she just said they were understaffed and kitchen had some computer issues...... We would have been better off grabing something from the kids buffet and leaving. Dinner finally arrived, VERY late and not great quality and we had 2 restless kids on our hands. A nightmare.
2. Kids night snack- yes, they have cookies and milk before bed time for kids BUT, they don't tell you, so we didn't know untill out last night. Then on the last night, the kids snack was supposed to be served at 8, but wasn't ready, then not ready at 8:15, and so on. Staff just told me to came back later and again later....finally got it after 9:30. Also staff advised that they tend to run out quickly of cookies and milk, so I need to come at 8 (like I said, nothing was ready at 8). Besides, how hard is it to have enought cookies and have them on time?....again a nightmare.
So word of advice for future travelers- bring your own spare food and snacks. Do not trust the all inclusive, cause they may or may not serve you on time.
Check in desk -they are very slow. You will get a nice friendly service, but you will wait for it. Same with room being ready on time- ours wasn't ready at 3:30 as promised. The previous people did not even move out from that room by 3:30. Staff had no sense of urgency about it, like it was a normal occurance.
Boat rentals are very expensive, we paid 70$ plus tax for half a day, which is the most we ever paid for half a day rental in any of our getaways. Also, they placed a huge hold (I think about a $1000) on our credit card for the boat rental and lifted it several days after we have already returned the boat. So in fact once we have returned the boat, we couln't use our credit card for a good few more days, as the hold was still there. We called the bank and the bank advised that it is up to the vendor (Bayview) to lift the hold in a timely manner, which they didn't in our case.
Inflatables on the water- are placed far from the shore, in deep waters, effectively out of reach of young childern, who cannot enjoy them (but are asking all the time, since they see them). Unless you are comfortable letting your kids far into the deep water to reach the inflatables - you'll be just faced with having to say NO to your kids. There is no alternative for inflatables that is in shallow waters.
Kids programs- are nice but we had to go back and forth to look for them. They did not start at the locations that front desk told us. We had to walk back and forth with two kids, to find their meeting place, several times over, and then had the front desk tell us- "they are there"- when we just came from "there" and there was no one "there". Again a nightmare.
Finally, the board games- they don't have many options and for some that we tried- none had all the pieces- so again- bring your own.
Good points- nice lake, nice spacious rooms, friendly staff, all buffet meals are good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stanton family has provided six generations of friendly hospitality, fabulous dining, extensive recreation and beautiful vistas along the shores of Sparrow Lake since the late 1880's at this four-season resort village. Enjoy supervised children’s programs, indoor and outdoor pools, sandy beach, exercise gym, water sports, spa services, tennis, biking, hiking, and golf nearby. Experience Ontario winter activities; snow shoeing, cross-country skiing, skating, sleigh rides and snowmobile tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bayview Wildwood Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Wildwood Hotel Severn Bridge
- Bayview Wildwood Resort Severn Bridge, Canada - Ontario