“Bring your rain boots just in case...”
Review of Le Victorin

Le Victorin
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Victoriaville
Ottawa, Canada
“Bring your rain boots just in case...”
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Hi, let me start off by saying that I'm not a negative person and I'm usually not too picky about hotel amenities. I'm not high maintenance. However, there are certain minimum standards that a human being should expect from a hotel. For example, a relatively comfortable bed, a shower, and a washroom. The mattress was rather hard, the shower controls were complicated, and the toilet....well I'll get back to that later. The shower had this strange dial that had to be twisted and my wife had to call me in to help her figure it out. You can tell other people had the same problem as well because the knob was loose and almost coming out from being pulled on so much.

When I first flushed the toilet I noticed that although there was a lot of water, there was not much pressure. I had to flush it 3 or 4 x to empty the contents and warned my wife not to use it for a 2. Since we arrived late and my 2 yr old daughter was wanting to go to sleep I did not call the front desk to ask someone to come to our room. The next morning I had to use the washroom and it would not flush.....the water was rising and I was doing the oh sh!@ dance. My daughter overheard and said "papa pee pee no bye bye". Classic.

As for the rest of the room, it needs some serious updating. The carpet is old and thin, the pillows are very skinny, and the bath towels were more like hand towels. Oh and there's no extra lock on the door.....my 2 yr old actually opened it. The temperature gauge is very old and so is the TV. The location is not ideal as it is on a highway and away from the city centre. To cap things off, upon checking out I thought I'd tell the front desk about our malfunctioning toilet, just to be a good citizen so the next hotel patron could be spared the same experience as us. I explained that the water pressure was very very low and that they might want to check the malfunctioning toilet. Their response? The hotel was full and so maybe everyone was using the water at the same time. Really? Do hotels not invest in infrastructure for plumbing to accommodate hundreds of rooms? I was so taken aback at the clerk's comment and unwillingness to acknowledge the problem that I shook my head, thanked her and left never to return. Merci pour votre attention a notre probleme et ca ne me surprendra pas si votre hotel garde les plombiers de Victoriaville bien occupe et bien payer.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Johnny M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cornwall, Canada
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Stopped here on our way home from PEI. Maggie at the front desk was very, very helpful as she checked us in. We had an issue with the online booking and she fixed us right up and got the weary travellers a comfortable bed for the night. Hotel is a ways off the high way so not the most convenient but service more than made up for that! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Stayed in this hotel for a conference that I had over the weekend and although the service was friendly, this hotels is showing clear signs of aging.

The hotel lobby are "ok", could use some fresh paint and decorations but the rooms are where this hotel needs help. Old (and peeling) wallpaper, scuffed up here and there. Washroom with very poor water pressure, almost no vanity to put toiletries on, a weird soap dispenser and small, scratchy towels.

Beds are clean but have sheets that barely fit them (and they are quite threadbear). Old bed covers really show the age. Old school dial for heating/cooling. TV was VERY old and definitely needs to be replaced.

I had breakfast in the restaurant. Again, the service was friendly (in fact, very) but the food was very plain for the price (and the competition is fierce in town for food). Scrambled eggs were cooked over-easy and then hashed up. This goes to the overall dining experience.

Nothing very bad about this hotel. Nothing very good either. Someone needs to go in and re-evaluate (and bring up to today's standards of travel).

Room Tip: Ask for most updated room possible.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Toronto,Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Location is not relevant here...if you're here, it's because you have to be...I would assume it is not by choice. However there has to be a better spot...no?
The bed was hard, not comfortable. Motel style is outdated and annoyingly long...I was near the end. Shared porch is still awkward.
Shower in the morning was dissapointing as the water was cold and the pressure was very weak. For a "conference centre", I would hope they had this figured out....but apparently not.
I would not choose this motel if I had the choice...drive in from outside Victoriaville if you must to find somewhere else...
On the flip side, the staff is wonderful...very accomodating...but they can't help me sleep better.

Room Tip: Staff was great...ready to help!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Victoriaville hotels

Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This packaged building is an aging motel coupled with an hotel and tripled with a small convention center. The free outside parkinglot is very spacious and well designed. However it needs new pavement all over. ( It must be terrible during winter and spring thaw with all the pot holes). Rooms and bathrooms are spacious and spotless. To my own taste the dark brown carpets are awfull and a bit worn out. Make sure you have a room on the second floor as you can ear every step of your upstairs neighbour when lodging on the ground floor. Personnel is courteous and accomodating in every department ( we were atending a convention) but not over friendly.

Breakfast buffet is o.k. Service is very good but the meals served during the convention either at the restaurant or during the banquet were far from being delicious. ( 2 stars )

The convention center is a newer more modern building. It is airy and bright. The main meeting hall is spacious with all necessary equipments and spotless. The smaller meeting rooms are very adequate and well spread out around the center hall. The meeting halls, lounge and bar next to it deserve 4 stars.

Room Tip: Make sure you lodge on the second floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank ClaudeC
Rimouski, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2011

i stay there for an hockey tournament. nice room. the hotel is clean. big pool... nice spot... i recommand

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Nova Scotia
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Rooms are spacious and spotless. The only draw back this time was that my room was right near the elevator and stairs. This did create some noise early in the morning but certainly did not effect the comfort of my stay.

Great place and the price is right, the staff are super friendly and are bilingual which is a bonus.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victoriaville
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 7 in Victoriaville
Aux Plaisirs Partages
Aux Plaisirs Partages
#2 of 3 in Warwick

Been to Le Victorin? Share your experiences!