“Basic food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I enjoyed the food though the service was rather stilted and the server was unfriendly and inexperienced. The atmosphere is rather cold.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Well, I eat Thai food around a lot, and this did not leave me wanting more. Sorry to say, but we had the Phat Si io with chicken and there was wayyyyyyy too much chicken and not enough noodles. It tasted so much of chicken that I didn't really enjoy it. It did not look like the traditional dishes I normally order and are consistently delicious almost anywhere. The vegetarian spring rolls, however, were good, as was the dipping peanut sauce. I just don't really recommend here. Also, it is way too cold to consider dining in the restaurant if that is a consideration for you. Take out only, and even then, I would look around elsewhere.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

As a major Thai food fan living in Tsawwassen, I have eaten at Kon Thai many times. Sadly, they often mess up or confuse orders, and on more than one occasion they have used the wrong sauce or forgotten a main ingredient (such as leaving tofu out of a stir fry). However, when they're having a good night, the food is quite satisfying. My favourite dish is Pad Eggplant, a wonderful medley of sauted eggplant, pepper, onion and tofu in their really great house sauce. They make fair curries and crunchy, flavourable spring rolls as well.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We went in the winter. the restaurant was not heated. there was a portable heater that was brought near the table, but it was supposed to cover another table as well and really did neither.

The waitress seemed inexperienced and was certainly not very interested. She disappeared after taking the order, then brought it out, dropped it on the table and disappeared again -- back into the kitchen I guess. -- for another 20 minutes or so. there was only one other table occupied the night we were there.

The food itself was presented on the plate in the same half-hearted manner -- just sort of dumped onto it.

We will not go back.

1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Tastes like genuine Thai which is a treasure find in BC. The interplay of heat, sour, and ginger is so unique. I got a Tom Ka, which is that creamy coconut soup with chicken, lemongrass, ginger, and some other things. Delicious!