Malaika Beach Resort
TripAdvisor
All reviewslake victoriainfinity poolclose to the airportamazing placebeautiful hotelamazing experiencebeautiful surroundingstrained staffwarm hospitalityplay groundsunday afternoonbreakfast spreadspecial thankslast monthexcellent view of lakeexecutive roomcurry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I stayed for one week with collegues as during a seminar. The rooms are big and spacy and the service was normal. The location is excellent and if you want to have a ggod view of the lake, then request for the rooms facing the swimming pool. The food was average but the service initially was too slow( 45mins) but after having a chat with Rajdeep the foods n bev manager, the service improved vastly.
A nice place to relax with the family. Found the spa rather expensive!

Room Tip: For the best lake view ask for rooms nearest to the pool
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
ROMBR, General Manager at Malaika Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your valued comments. We have moved on to make the resort a real happening place at Mwanza. Do give us a look again. Thank you again.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The hotel was OK,location is good as its near the airport, the rooms are large and clean and comfortable. The restaurant was poor, service was bad, waited over 40 minutes for simple meals, the food was inedible, some of the meals were cold, one meal had been forgotten, one beef burger tasted like it had fish in it and was sent back. It took another 30 minutes for the next lot of food to arrive. Another meal we had chicken masala which tasted fine and the naan bread was nice but the next day my husband and I had bubbly tummies. Would not recommend eating here unless you have something fried to death and have all day to wait for your meal.
The rooms were great and the other hotel service was fine but the restaurant service and the food let the hotel down. Their breakfast buffet needed a big improvement, a few customer satisfactions surveys would not go amiss.

Room Tip: its a long way to walk from the rooms to the restaurant and there is no lift access so you need to be fairly fit. Not an ideal hotel if you have poor mobility but if you do then try to get a room on a lower floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
ROMBR, General Manager at Malaika Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear Guest,

At the outset, please accept my apologies for the unpleasant experience you had at our resort.

Your feedback about the service & quality of food has been taken up with my colleagues in the management team and initiated steps for improvement.

I would request you to not hold this experience against us and give us another opportunity to showcase our culinary excellence.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is my second stay at the Malaika Beach Resort, and their dedication to serve their clients is absolutely awesome. There is nothing they cant do for their guests...wherever I go, I am always asked if everything is okay...unfortunately my stay is always work related, so I dont take much advantage of the lovely beach and the pool, but my life is made easier by being treated as a family and feeling like I am at home. When I speak my thoughts aloud about something I want, its at my door. They definitely go an extra mile to make sure their guests' needs are met. Truly I cant complain about anything...which is quite unbelievable. The Masala tea is to die for ...and voila, i got a couple of cups in my room...because I raved about it...what more can you ask for. I definitely recommend this hotel for anyone who is coming to Mwanza...either for business or pleasure...from being met until you leave...its always smiles and karibu......keep it up......

Room Tip: get a room facing the lake...and get a lower floor room...the stairs can be exhausting
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nainavira
ROMBR, General Manager at Malaika Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Orchid Malaika Beach Resort and for sharing your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to receive your feedback and to note that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Your feedback is very inspiring for our team.

We hope you will again visit Mwanza in the not too distant future and stay with us.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

I have stayed at the Royal Orchid last month for a week and I had such a great time.. The Hotel is great and the view from your room is dashing ! The staff was very warm and dedicated and also the Manager Mr Sunil made me feel so much comfortable .. This resorts deserves a 10 out of 10 with regards to the food, service, set up and hospitality. I will highly recommend anybody to have a stay there..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin G
ROMBR, General Manager at Malaika Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Stayed at the resort for a night last month, and thoroughly enjoyed the warm hospitality, right from the time we were picked up by the hotel car from the airport , till the time we were dropped back to the airport.
Large, comfortable room with great food at the restaurant
Personal;ised hospitality provided by Sunil, the Front Office Manager and Raj, the Food and Beverage Manager, made all the difference.

Room Tip: Request for a room overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank khush79
ROMBR, General Manager at Malaika Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013