“Very professional stables, great riding”

Bavarian Horse Riding Stables
Ranked #3 of 11 Outdoor Activities in Sami
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very professional stables, great riding”
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My wife and 2 daughters (aged 11 and 9) rode twice at the Bavarian Horse Riding Stables. Connie and her colleagues run a fantastic stables where the horses are extremely well cared for, and the riding and scenery is just great. Although we were experienced, riding is suitable for all abilities. Definitely the high point of our holiday!

1 Thank NicGreen

• Greek first
Yorkshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fabulous place, great location, beautiful horses”
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I visited with my 2 children age 11 and 13 for an evening trek and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The stables are professionally run and horses cared for very well by experienced Equestrians. We trekked up into the mountains at a gentle pace and the views are stunning. The horses really are beautiful and well trained as my son only has a little experience, however I felt fully confident in his safety. My children and I didn't want to leave and hung around after to pet all the cats and dogs and 2 foals. Would highly recommend just make sure your child doesn't lock the toilet keys in the bathroom!!

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Kate2104
cheshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent, lovely well Looked after and good mannered horses for all levels.”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

I endourse what has been said in the other reviews. I drove from lassi to make my booking to see for myself, the horses and facilities, Which are excellent. I booked a two hour ride for me and my partner for the following day. We went at 9am before it got too hot for the horses or us. I would recommend long trousers, Flat shoes (not sandles or flipflops)and if poss a light long sleeve top and spray yourself with fly repellant.
The trek up the hills and through the local villages is beautiful and well worth the 40 euros per person for 2 hours of off road breathtaking scenary with lots of interesting facts and information from our lovely guide. Thank you for a fabulous morning seeing kefalonia's beauty, riding the sure footed and well trained haflingers.

7 Thank pollyandmike
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent stable - for both riders and horses”
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I can only subscribe to what the persons before me have mentioned.
We were three people on a 1 1/2 hour's ride on October 16, 2010.
I was particularly impressed in what excellent shape the horses are as well as the open stables - none of the typical stress signs of a bored or badly kept animal. Conny supplies the right horse for the right person - be it for the six-year-old girl, my friend, who is inexperienced or me, who started riding after a break of six years but got the feeling back immediately. It was a very pleasant experience and I can recommend the stables without reservation. I doubt if many horses in Greece are being treated with such care and attention.

Three cheers for Conny!

Cornelia, Susan and Anna

2 Thank chinafan_68
Warwick, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“great for any level of experience”
Reviewed 22 September 2010

A great way to see the island off the beaten track.

We did a 4 hr trek up the mountains, through olive groves & earthquake ruined villages & took the horses for a paddle in the sea.

For the less experienced rider, Cornelia will tack the horses up with Western style saddles.

They do a variety of treks from 1hr to a full day. Each route covers different areas so check first if there is something you particularly want to do e.g swimming with the horses is not done on every trip & only for experienced riders.

Saddle bags are provided so you don't have to take a rucksack.

They also offer full riding holidays where you camp out at night.

In Greece you do not have to wear a hat but they do supply one if you wish (check your travel insurance too as it may be a requirement). The horses know the routes & terrain off by heart but you never know...

Don't worry about jodphurs etc, 3/4 length trousers are fine (and cooler in summer) and a t-shirt. Make sure you pack some flat / low healed shoes. I saw some people wearing flip flops but I wouldn't recommend it - if you do accidentally get trodden on it's gonna hurt.

I'd definitely use these stables again & try some of the other routes out. Cornelia will point out interesting things along the way & all the horses have an excellent temperament.

5 Thank mvtw1