“great ride on very sturdy horses”

Bavarian Horse Riding Stables
Ranked #3 of 11 Outdoor Activities in Sami
Liverpool, uk
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“great ride on very sturdy horses”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We had a 2 hour trek up the mountain with 2 guides and another couple which was fab. We had rang to book the day before and were offered evening or 8:30 am as the weather was really hot. We chose the morning and it was just doable as we were in the shade a lot. The horses are beautiful. I can ride and was given Luna, although not sure why as she was as placid as the rest. My Hubbie who is a beginner rode Johnny who was very good for him but liked to nibble everything around him! They really are the most sure footed horses I have come across as having my own horse at home I could compare them to my girl who honestly wouldn't have made it up the first hill without tripping up. But these guys take it all in their stride and behave like angels. The views from the mountains are amazing and there is a photo opportunity at the top. If you like riding or views then book a ride with them. One tip thou - don't wear shorts as those stirrup leathers will pinch. I wore long socks under my trousers and still suffered a bit. Oh and take some mints for the horses to give as a treat after the ride.

Visited June 2013

• Greek first
London, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Gentle hack with stunning views”
Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Great visit to theses stables and spent a lovely hour riding up into the mountains. Very gentle horses, perfect for my boyfriend who has never ridden before. The stables were clean and the horses healthy, happy and docile! The staff were friendly too, chatting to everyone and making sure they were comfortable along the way. Fantastic way to see Sami from a different point of view!

Visited June 2013
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Agreat way to spend the morning!!!”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Spend 90 minutes riding up and down the mountain...
Horses were calm and sure footed but all had their own character (especially mine - Johnny!)
All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and in no way pushy about what ride to do...
I would recommend this to anyone visiting Kefalonia as it is a great way to see some of the stunning views of the island as well....

Visited May 2013
1 Thank RJStern
Sligo, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic day”
Reviewed 12 May 2013

What a great way of seeing something different !!! Calm horses, very child friendly. Will do again, for sure.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Cathy0117
Sussex England
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“lovely way toss the country”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I took a 2 hour ride from Connies Bavarian Riding Stable at the end of March 13. Everything was arranged by email beforehand and very easy to sort out. The stables could do with a slightly larger sign but we only missed the turning once. I arrived quite a bit early but that was no problem as everything was very laid back. I’m fairly competent so I was allowed to help groom my mare Luna. All the 10 or so horses I saw were in top condition and really well looked after.

I was offered a choice of English or Western Saddle and Luna was tacked up for me with her own well fitting kit, which included brushing boots. I chose a hard hat from the large selection available.

We headed out for our hack. We only had to cross one road and then we were onto farm tracks. My guide spoke great English and was very knowledgeable, she told me about the local wild life and some of the places we were passing. The wild flowers were everywhere in huge variety. I was surrounded by colour and the scent of orange blossom and wild herbs. It was beautifully quiet. Apparently the flowers and greenery that I saw will last till early June then the landscape becomes much more arid.

There were not many places suitable for fast work but we had one nice trot, which was enough for me. There were lovely views over the valley and a walk past a ruined village where the gardens have gone wild. Then we headed back to the stables.

A the end of the ride I was given bread to reward Luna and both the horses were gently hosed down and fed ready for the afternoon ride. Connie is very strict about welfare and in the height of summer will only take rides out in the cool of the morning or evening.

I paid 40 euros, which I felt was very reasonable.

Visited March 2013