“Best Holiday Riding School”

Bavarian Horse Riding Stables
Ranked #3 of 11 Outdoor Activities in Sami
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We had a fantastic 4 hour beach and mountain ride when we were in Kefalonia, the staff and horses were excellent. Lovely yard and horses all very well looked after. Horses were perfectly matched up to the rider's needs, I was given Luna ;a more forward going ride; as I have my own horse at home, and my Mum who does not ride much was given Alina; she coped with a novice rider very well and was a terrific character. It was just my Mum and I out on the ride with a lovely South African guide. So nice to truly be able to relax on these Haflinger ponies without worrying about the traffic and they were so sure footed depsite the gulpworthy steep inclines. Would definitely go back if we ever visit Kefalonia again. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Bavarian Horse Riding Stables

Reviewed 20 June 2013

We had a 2 hour trek up the mountain with 2 guides and another couple which was fab. We had rang to book the day before and were offered evening or 8:30 am as the weather was really hot. We chose the morning and it was just doable as we were in the shade a lot. The horses are beautiful. I can ride and was given Luna, although not sure why as she was as placid as the rest. My Hubbie who is a beginner rode Johnny who was very good for him but liked to nibble everything around him! They really are the most sure footed horses I have come across as having my own horse at home I could compare them to my girl who honestly wouldn't have made it up the first hill without tripping up. But these guys take it all in their stride and behave like angels. The views from the mountains are amazing and there is a photo opportunity at the top. If you like riding or views then book a ride with them. One tip thou - don't wear shorts as those stirrup leathers will pinch. I wore long socks under my trousers and still suffered a bit. Oh and take some mints for the horses to give as a treat after the ride.

Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Great visit to theses stables and spent a lovely hour riding up into the mountains. Very gentle horses, perfect for my boyfriend who has never ridden before. The stables were clean and the horses healthy, happy and docile! The staff were friendly too, chatting to everyone and making sure they were comfortable along the way. Fantastic way to see Sami from a different point of view!

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Spend 90 minutes riding up and down the mountain...
Horses were calm and sure footed but all had their own character (especially mine - Johnny!)
All of the staff were very friendly and helpful and in no way pushy about what ride to do...
I would recommend this to anyone visiting Kefalonia as it is a great way to see some of the stunning views of the island as well....

1  Thank RJStern
Reviewed 12 May 2013

What a great way of seeing something different !!! Calm horses, very child friendly. Will do again, for sure.

2  Thank Cathy0117