“Great value..nice people, good horses”

Bavarian Horse Riding Stables
Ranked #3 of 11 Outdoor Activities in Sami
Camberley, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great value..nice people, good horses”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My daughter and her friend are both experienced riders and where looking for a good stable to have a half day hack. My daughter arranged everything via email during our time on cephalonia. We decided to have a trip to have a look and make sure we could find it(we rapidly learnt road signage can be variable). Once I had spoken to Connie the owner who was very helpful, we found it easily. Both girls thoroughly enjoyed their 3 hour hack - it was their first time hacking on mountain trails. Good value, nice, well-cared for horses, nice, friendly staff.

1 Thank TheDirger

• Greek first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Had a lovely 2 hour trekk in the mountain. Neither of us had ridden before & the whole experience was amazing . Defo going back next year. The horses are gorgeous, calm & very steady footed . I felt completely safe. Stables are well kept & the guides very friendly .

Australia
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Teeny bit boring...”
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We did the two hour ride. Horses well cared for and very pretty. No instructions on how to handle horse before we got on. Quite a boring 2 hours, just sat on top of the horse and followed the guide up a mountain. Then returned down the exact same route to the stables. No trotting or anything of that nature, so it was monotonous and essentially the same view along the way with no commentary. Owner led the group and snapped at one person twice which was unprofessional. 40 EUR for two hours - felt we didn't get value for money at all.

1 Thank happytravellermaz
GB
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very good ride, really good for kids too”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Very friendly staff, and horses looked to be very loved and well looked after. My wife and I have 3 kids (aged 5, 7, and 10) who were very well looked after on their own horses being led on a rope (one of the other riding schools refused to take the kids for more than 20-30 mins which i really couldn't understand as there were no problems at all on a 1 hour treck up into the hills). Family price was 18 euro each for 1 hour which is well worth paying to experience the views and the experience - the kids all wanted to go again !

Visited June 2013
Norfolk, UK
“Best Holiday Riding School”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

We had a fantastic 4 hour beach and mountain ride when we were in Kefalonia, the staff and horses were excellent. Lovely yard and horses all very well looked after. Horses were perfectly matched up to the rider's needs, I was given Luna ;a more forward going ride; as I have my own horse at home, and my Mum who does not ride much was given Alina; she coped with a novice rider very well and was a terrific character. It was just my Mum and I out on the ride with a lovely South African guide. So nice to truly be able to relax on these Haflinger ponies without worrying about the traffic and they were so sure footed depsite the gulpworthy steep inclines. Would definitely go back if we ever visit Kefalonia again. Thank you.

Visited June 2013