“Fantastic Stables”

Bavarian Horse Riding Stables
Ranked #3 of 11 Outdoor Activities in Sami
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We booked this trip through the stables website and went on the four hour hack up to the ancient olive groves. The views were stunning, however there was not much of a place to trot or canter.

The horses were exceptionally well looked after and relitively well behaved.

The stables were lovely in a picturesque setting,well organised and very clean. The staff were friendly and helpfull and were able to accomodate beginers.

We got a taxi from Sami to the stables which cost 10 euros.

One of the highights of our trip, would deffinetely recommend.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I was stunned to find how perfectly Kefalonia matches the guide books - it always looked too good to be true! The horses are wonderfully looked after and loved, and the guides know the animals and the terrain. Rides were matched to our ability and requirements, and the hosts were able to recommend excellent activities for the afternoons and evenings too. A lovely relaxing week.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Such a well run, clean, neat and tidy stable. The lady who owns it took us on a one hour ride for 20 euros per head which I thought was great value. She was so friendly but at the same time, very professional. Our ride went up the mountain and we had some spectacular views of the coastal village below. The horses were great for inexperienced riders.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

As a family with two young, keen riders and inexperienced adult riders we were a little worried about whether the riding would suit us all. Connie and Catherine are a very professional team and the horses are beautifully cared for. We booked for the 90 minute hack and really enjoyed it. Riding hats were available and made me feel a lot more secure in terms of safety (a lot of the photos show riders without hats). I have taken my daughters to several stables over the last few years in England and can honestly say I was really impressed with the high standards of care and clear direction given by Connie. This is a well established riding stables that offers a good quality experience and an alternative way of seeing this beautiful island. Well worth the money.
N.B. I initially tried to book through the trip advisor link but it doesn't appear to be working so I'd recommend emailing direct cornelia@kephalonia.com

1  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Connie took our 5 year old and 8 year old on their first trip on a horse up to the mountains for an hour, it was their favourite thing they did in the two weeks we were away! Thank you so much! Very Happy children!