Pericles Hotel
Athina Hotel(Sami)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$72
  • Beachfront
Sami Beach Hotel(Sami)(Great Value!)
US$117
Hotels.com
US$175
US$169
Green Bay Hotel(Karavomylos)(Great Value!)
US$76
Odyssey Hotel(Agia Efimia)
US$356
Olive Bay Hotel(Agia Efimia)
Dogis Resort(Agia Efimia)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
All reviewshamthomas cookthe main roadair conpool barboiled eggsthe owneryogurtbasic hotelantisamos beachhired a carharbour frontrelaxing holidaybeautiful islandreception deskper dayextra cost
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I were here for a last minute break in July 2014. I was sceptical but that was unfounded. The room was basic but clean. We had room 211 which has a bath which I understand most of the others didn't - this allows the bathroom to remain relatively dry after a shower. Unfortunately, this room had a view of the car park! Nina on reception was very friendly. The pool was again very clean but very cold. The sunbeds are possibly the most uncomfortable ever and you need to take your own pool towels. There is a snack bar at the pool which sells drinks and relatively expensive snacks which were ok but better available in the town. We walked into the harbour every night and there is a large selection of restaurants to choose from. We favoured the mermaid and my favourite was dolphins. The fresh sardines were delicious.
I would recommend hiring a fridge but when we arrived, they were all taken so may be a good idea to try to pre-book one if that's possible? We also rented a safety deposit box which was a right pain in the back side. It was close to reception. Basically, reception had a 'master key' and each box had its own key so every time you wanted to use your box you had to get the key from reception. It would be much preferable to have a box in each room. There is free wifi but it was somewhat unreliable. Good 3G connection on my phone most places though.
The hotel was very quiet for the first five days of our holiday but that all changed after the school holidays began and many families arrived. The breakfast was dire which I understand is fairly standard for a Greek breakfast but when it became busy, it really wasn't worth queueing for! If you want any fruit with your toast - buy your own from the local super market.
On the whole, we didn't pay a fortune and we got what I was expecting for the price and the reviews on here were pretty accurate apart from the comments about the owner - he was polite to us every time we saw him. The air con is perhaps worth mentioning - it was on a timer from 5pm until midnight so if you were asleep before midnight, you would wake up sweating with the noise of the a/c unit churning around the now warm air.
Sami was a lovely area and very picturesque and we would happily come back to this resort and possibly this hotel too.

Room Tip: 211 had a bath which meant the room didn't flood after a shower. Rent a fridge if available.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Lovely hotel. Terrific views. No entertainment apart from holiday rep's quiz night. Found breakfast very basic. Only downside for us was breakfast - offered bread (toast), cake (plain), cold boiled egg, ham & cheese slices, plain Greek yoghurt & honey. No variation for two weeks! No fruit. Anything cooked was extra cost. Music played during breakfast was a little depressing too! Pool area sun umbrellas need replacing, but pool area best part of hotel. Pool extremely clean as was rest of hotel.

Room Tip: Think all rooms are twin. Can push together.
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This hotel is exactly as described
We had a fabulous week here and have absolutely no complaints
Would definitely recommend it
We did have a sea view though and would always recommend that you ask for one!!!

Room Tip: Sea view is a must
5  Thank JayneandJim
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Pericles with 5 friends from 13 to 20 July 2014, we paid very little for our week away and had brilliant value for money. All six of us wanted a holiday where we could get away for a relaxing week and chill out and do very little but sunbathe by a pool in a pretty location, And that's exactly what we got. The pool area was lovely with a great bar serving salads, toasties, drinks etc. and the lady who served us each day was friendly and efficient and kept the bar immaculately clean. In fact the whole hotel was very clean, very well run and the staff were all helpful and friendly. Stelios, the owner/manager and Nina his lady-of-all-trades were lovely people and always on hand to either serve at the bar or run the Reception desk. Rooms were perfectly adequate, yes, the air-con might have been a bit more efficient but apart from that I could find nothing to complain about unlike other reviewers who I reckon must have stayed at a totally different hotel. The breakfast is fine if like me you only want toast and coffee, but if you want more you could always buy fruit/bread etc in Sami and take it in to breakfast which is what quite a few people did and nobody challenged them. The hotel was really pretty with terraces to sit on for a pre or post dinner drink and gorgeous views. We walked down the back lane into Sami every evening and sampled as many of the restaurants as we could and found nothing to complain about in any of them. In fact I couldn't believe how cheap our meals and drinks were and the food was really good with lots of choice and all washed down with plenty of Greek red wine - delicious! I would highly recommend the Pericles to anyone wanting a bit of peace and a laid-back holiday, it's definitely not for young people who want nightclubs and late nights but if you want a little bit of heaven on a gorgeous Greek island then get yourself to the Pericles. Remember this is a 3 star hotel with 3 star prices, if those who've reviewed the Pericles with a low rating want a 5 star hotel then I suggest they stop whingeing and put their hand in their pocket and find a high rise soul-less 5 star hotel to stay in instead.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank NorthEastDoyle
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I came for a weeks holiday to Sami and stayed in the Pericles Hotel which is just bed and breakfast. It is situated in a pretty spot with beautiful views. The hotel is very clean and basic but typical of Greece. It is well priced and good for a short stay. The pool and surrounding area is nice too. I found it very quiet at first but then towards the end of my holidays families arrived as the schools had broken up and I did find it noisy as everything echos. Would go again when quieter. Breakfast is very basic and would be one thing that could be improved on even if it meant putting up the prices a little.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo