“Sami Beach yet again !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sami Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sami
surrey
“Sami Beach yet again !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a must every year. We love the hotel and family. Always the warm welcome and the "at home" feeling.
You can relax by the pool all day. You can swim in the sea just outside the hotel. You can walk into town along the beach path(15-20 mins.) or have a taxi for reasonable cost or take your hire car there. We recommend the walk as it's so lovely. Several restaurants on the way. The town has plenty of atmosphere with restaurants and bars along the harbour side.There are also local restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the hotel. A lovely bakery where you can enjoy a snack if you so wish and sit at their outside cafe and look out over the sea. Local supermarkets if you need them. Sami is an ideal base for exploring the north, east and south of the island. Personally we much prefer it to the tourist side near the airport, Lassi. We do not knock that either because it has lovely beaches and the whole island is lovely,but, if you don't need those, then go to Sami.The rooms have lovely views whether at the front overlooking the pool, sea and mountains or side view or garden room looking over the mountains. All have balconies or the garden rooms have delightful grass patios.The bathrooms have just been completely refitted. There are new sun loungers, plenty for everyone. Most people are returning guests which says much !! You'll always get someone you can't satisfy and the owners are deeply upset if they cannot please everyone but that's life. We can do without these people. So many returning guests tell it's own story and to be honest, we don't need any negatives. It doesn't purport to be a 5* luxury hotel. We know it's a lovely place to stay and that's all that matters. I'd rather the miserable people went elsewhere. Just try it and see for yourselves. I have travelled the world and stayed at many 5* hotels and yes they are lovely but I wouldn't swop Sami Beach for so many different reasons.
Will I be returning next year? Already booked. Some guests make it twice a year !! I know someone who has been 25 years. Very soon I will be counting on one hand to get to that.
Well done to all the staff who make our yearly trip, one to both look forward to but also to feel depressed about when coming home.

Room Tip: Depends on your budget. Second floor seaview but garden rooms are cheaper and quieter even though th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank summitsurrey

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Greek first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The welcoming I received from Yiannis and Marianna was just like the meeting of old friends. From the start I felt very much at home. Perikles, another member of the family kept me entertained at the pool bar. At breakfast Elleanna and Soula greeted each guest with Kalimera. Violetsa who cleaned my room always greeted me. My room was very clean and the view to the mountains really beautiful. The hotel is very well placed with no noise from traffic just a short walk from the village of Sami. No wonder visitors come back every year. Regulars also made sure I enjoyed my holiday. I'm going back in a couple of months and June next year.

Room Tip: The view towards the mountain was just beautiful to waken up to. The sun reached there around 3 in...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Gordon Ramsey's Dream
In response to "Gordon Ramsey's Nightmare"
"You can please some of the people all of the time ...
You can please most of the people some of the time ...
But you cannot please all the people all the time"
I thought that Sami Beach Hotel was the exception that proves the rule but having read LucyAnn2010's review of her stay at the hotel I now know that's not true.
We are relative newcomers to the hotel (8 consecutive years!)and find it amazing that she could not appreciate the ethos of the hotel. Many "friends" have been coming for 20 years plus. We've got some catching up to do!
The "Smile"greeting at breakfast is always followed by advise on the weather, what to look out for during the day and how to ensure your safety during the day. Yannis has often said to me to take care on the roads and I've heard him telling taxi drivers the same when picking people up for the airport. They always have their guests best interests at heart.
Helena, who organises breakfast is not Maryann and Yanni's daughter, (their daughter has just completed a PhD at Athens University) but is a local girl who has worked at the hotel for many years and, like the owners is fluent in English and, as far as I can tell speaks several other languages as well.
Sami Beach is a 3 star hotel. There is a 5 star hotel next door but it is amazing how many of their residents come to our hotel poolside bar for the convivial atmosphere and to be entertained by Pericles the barman, who is another of the owners of this family run hotel.
Not having picked up what Sami Beach Hotel is all about, LucyAnn2010 must share the secrets of the impenetrable "security bubble " she lives in with GCHQ, it will do national security no end of good!
I do agree that Gordon should visit the hotel as he deserves a restful experience and he will no doubt pick up many tips on how to run an exceptional establishment!
A happy visitor to Sami Beach.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

As some of the prior reviews said, this is not a brand new 5 star hotel. It is a 3 star hotel with a lot of heart and warmth. I know that sounds sappy, but, trust me, in this hotel you will feel like you are being taken care of each and every day. We arrived about 11 p.m. on a late flight, and as I drove up to the front of the hotel, Yanni called out my name and said "you finally made it". Either I was the last one to check in that night or he really was worried. After 4 days here, I think I can honestly say he really was worried about us. And, that is the thing about the hotel, they really do worry if everything is ok. Not just lip service, but you will soon realize they really mean it. Anything we asked for they were most grateful to provide. I wanted to know how to make the coffee frappe and the nice lady bartender took the time to show me exactly how to make a Greek Frappe. For those of you interested in seeing the Captain Corelli locations, the whole family can show you where. Penelope Cruz was at the hotel during the filming and their daughter danced in the film. They have a wonderful scrapbook showing behind the scenes pictures. If you have never been to Kefalonia, go. The scenery is unbelievable. Every single person we met in Kefalonia over 4 days was so helpful and wanted to make sure we were having a good time. You need a car to get around and it is gorgeous. And, the little town of Sami has 10 or 12 nice restaurants right on the seafront. Lots of parking, or you can walk from the hotel. Not packed with tourists, but a lot of locals. Everyone spoke English. Every restaurant gave us free desserts and a number of them gave us an after dinner drink. Stay at Sami Beach. You wont' be disappointed.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the mountain are probably quieter than the ones facing the pool. They have a quiet tim...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank morgini
Holmestrand, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed just one night since we were travelling on the next day. But based on this short stay I would say that you get more than your money's worth: friendly and helpful managment, a good location, in general a nice hotel. The breakfast may have been more suited to British tastes than mine, the so called orange juice was something more like an orange based drink of some sort, and I am not used to seeing tomato beans at Greek breakfasts, but these are details. We are very happy with the friendly hosts and might definitely wish to stay here again the next time we stay in Sami.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sutton, Surrey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

What a wonderful welcoming place to stay, the whole family look after you as one of their family, you don't experience this many places in the world it's no wonder people return year after year. I can't say much more than all the other reviews but just thank you Yannis, Marianne and Perecles and also all the other staff with a special mention for Georgia. We had a mountain view room which was spotless with a fantastic shower and very comfortable beds. We will definitely return in the next few years. Thank you again for a wonderful week x

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Over 100 excellent/very good reviews, only two bad ones, so the owners must be doing something right! The guests are mostly return customers, some of whom have been coming back every year since the hotel opened.
The position is perfect, the climate equally so. The hotel itself is spotlessly clean and runs like clockwork and the owners and staff are open, helpful and - dare I say - affectionate. However, the Sami Beach's main characteristic is the pervasive atmosphere of discrete friendliness which makes it one of the nicest hotels in Europe.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
3 Thank gardnj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sami
Athina Hotel
#4 of 6 in Agia Efimia
Apollonion Resort & Spa
Apollonion Resort & Spa
#1 of 11 in Lixouri

Been to Sami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!