Stayed at this Hotel with my two sons from 02/08/14 to 06/08/14
On arrival at the Hotel we were greeted with an incredibly warm welcome by Marianne and Yannis, not to mention a drink on the house. It was immediately apparent that this husband and wife team genuinely cared about their guests experiences at the hotel, and as it transpired, would go out of their way to help if they could. Particularly Marianne, who was always available (without being intrusive) to offer advice, make phone calls, and generally do whatever she could if it was within her power. Now the basics:
1. Hotel is situated in a stunning to die for location. We had rooms at the back of the hotel, looking out across the garden to the mountains, with the front rooms ensuring a sea view. Both views are equally impressive.
2. The rooms are basic, spotlessly clean, comfy mattress and pillows, and for those who want to be plunged into darkness to help with sleep, you can close the balcony shutters!
3. Breakfast is from 7 to 10, it’s the usual buffet type, there’s a great choice available, in a pleasing holiday atmosphere with Kalimera (good morning) greetings from Elleana, who was always smiley and friendly.
4. As other reviewers have said, you can walk into Sami along the beach pathway, takes about 15 minutes, with such breathtaking views, you hardly notice the 15 mins.
5. In Sami there are loads of fab places to eat, all at reasonable prices, and the cruise tour outlets etc are easy to locate. The 9.30am to 4pm cruise to Ithanka definitely worth a trip, drops anchor each way, near particularly cove, for 30 mins swimming and snorkling. At the far end (adjacent to the police station) you can hire quads, bicycles, or scooters. If you fancy an adventure, you can hire a quad and go up to the Drogati cave, 3km from Sami, and well worth a visit. Cave itself fascinating and veeery spooky, descends to depth of 95 metres. Was told by the permanent guide, human remains found in 1960ish carbon dated to stone age!
Finally, have to say that this stay was memorable for me and my sons because of the kindness shown by Marianne, Yannis (and not forgetting Perekles), with them at the helm, the Sami Beach Hotel is a magical place. Hope to return one day x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jacuzzi, Library(wide selection of books), Ping pong, Tennis court, Children's playground, Safe and sufficient parking, TV Lounge(satellite television), Air-condition, Elevator, Sun-beds ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Bookgreece.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sami Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sami Beach Hotel Ionian Islands, Greece