My boyfriend and stayed at the villas from 13th - 20th September, to say that we were disappointed with the accommodation is an understatement. We were in villa no 6, it was like being in a cave for a week. There was a constant stale smell, especially in the bedroom where there was a wardrobe which I refused to hang my clothes as it smelt like a cats litter tray. There are a lot of stray cats, on the first day one just walked into our villa, which I did not appreciate but it accounted for the smell. In a week they cleaned the villa once, on the 2nd time we expected it to be cleaned they just changed the towels, we guessed that as we were leaving the next day, they wouldn't bother. This again is not what we expected of 4star accommodation. The kitchen was rotten and damp with stained work tops, not fit for cooking food. There were pockets of mould throughout most of the villa. We asked to be moved on the first day but they were just not interested so we gave up as we didn't want to ruin our holiday anymore than it had already. We also asked for a new fan as ours wouldn't blow out a candle, they said they would look at it but they didn't. We didn't find the staff helpful at all, the accommodation was such a let down and certainly not what we paid for, or what is advertised on there website, there are much better cleaner places to stay. In terms of the village itself this was great, full of great restaurants and bars, we would recommend the Alchemist. There is a bakery across the round which was great for breakfast. It is only about 15-20 minute walk to star beach which is great with lots of entertainment. Great place but absolutely terrible accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Certificate of Excellence 2017 Winner! The Galaxy Villas, located in quaint Koutouloufari, is ideal for authentic Cretan holidays. Our 53 Villas are spacious and elegant, with beautiful gardens and views of the bay or the mountains. They are all outfitted with A/C, TV, fully equipped kitchen, safe boxes, iron etc. The Resort also features a swimming pool and children's pool, all-day bar/restaurant with traditional snacks and meals, complimentary sunbeds, fireplace, pool table, WiFi, free parking, concierge, access to the 18-hole Crete Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Galaxy Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galaxy Villas Hotel Koutouloufari
- Galaxy Hotel Koutouloufari
- Galaxy Villas Crete/Koutouloufari