We have just returned from a lovely week's stay at Creta Blue in Koutouloufari and absolutely loved the hotel. We were upgraded to the Honeymoon Suite, the highest rooms in the hotel with a sitting room, balcony with sea views, and a terrace shared with the next door room with views over Hersonissos.
The rooms were clean and bright, recently refurbished, the bar and pool areas smart, relaxing and welcoming. The hotel is built into the hillside, and so there is a climb to the higher rooms but its hardly a problem. Likewise, the hotel is a little outside of Koutouloufari, and it takes about 10 minutes to walk there. Lots of lovely bars and restaurants in the village and in the next village of Piskopiano. It was easy enough to walk to Hersonissos but too noisy and brash for us, the village and hotel gave us everything we needed!
It's worth hiring a car to explore the island, Spinalonga and Plaka are lovely, as are Chania and Rethymnon.
Georges, his family and the staff at Creta Blue could not have been more helpful or welcoming and the barman made a mean Mohito (I hope he enjoys his holidays!). They even sourced a local sheep's cheese for me to bring home after I mentioned that I liked it!!
We loved our week at Creta Blue - in spite of the clouds - and hope to return. Thanks Georges!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If anything truly defines Creta Blue Suites, it is the value we attach to lasting memories. Building upon our experience as travellers for many years and as hoteliers for the last 8 years, has endowed us with a rich tradition of hospitality. We offer experiences that are authentically local and we see people who visit us as guests that are walking into our home. Genuine hospitality is achieved when engaging service and personal attention to detail to elevate each stay into a cherished memory. The little nuances in the quality of service unmistakably measure the intelligence of the hotelier and truthfully state the value of his spirituality. Because serving is, above all, loving, and one thing we are proud for ourselves is that we DO love serving our guests.We have always been ready to listen to our guests, anticipating their needs and interpreting their desires. Your stay at our hotel is our opportunity to show you Crete the way our island should be experienced - through the eyes of a local family.Welcome to Crete ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Creta Blue Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Blue Hotel Koutouloufari
- Hotel Creta Blue
- Creta Blue Suites Crete/Koutouloufari