Me and my fiancée have just returned from a two week stay at creta blue and had a lovely time. There are lots of positive and a few negative reviews about this lovely hotel and I have to on the most agree with the positive ones. I will attempt to give an honest unbiased opinion on the hotel and surrounding area.
Hotel: beautiful views and lovely gardens, pool and grounds are always clean and the infinity aspect is amazing, there is a steep slope up to a lot of the rooms but even from the road to the pool there is still a slope.
We had room 526 and although the rooms are spacious and clean and quaintly decorated (Think Greek shabby chic) this room is far too close to the pool/bar area! You can hear music and talking from the bar until midnight and also at breakfast, the patio is overlooked by everyone walking past (we like to have the odd night in with a bottle of wine and chill on the balcony etc and couldn't here) and has no railings to dry your towel/swimwear on as the higher rooms have. Some garden rooms have a bush or wall for privacy but not this one so if you get this one and can change it the do so.
The beds on a firmness rating of 1-10, 1 being very soft and 10 being very hard the beds have to be a 9.5, I like a firmish mattress but this was physically uncomfortable(I got achey shoulders and my fiancée had sore hips from sleeping in it)
Like I said I'll be fair these things weren't that bad but better to give an honest review.
The food here is ok for lunch and breakfast, we never stayed for dinner but that was because it was slightly too expensive for us.(breakfast would be better if there was a choice, it's is same every day( basket of bread, butter and a small pot of jam and marmalade, 2 slices of wafer ham and 2 slices of cheese then eggs of your choice(scrambled, boiled or fried) and a plate of yoghurt and fresh fruit plus coffee and orange juice) this is €9 each!(our breakfast wasn't included) Can get much cheaper breakfast out.
It a short walk to koutouloufari village and we averaged €30-35 a night for a dinner(normally a starter and main and a soft drink each) in the village there is a nice Chinese and a couple of nice restaurants. But we preffered to go down to hersonnissos at the coast where there is more choice and better restaurants. The best we ate at by far ( comparable to a good restaurant in the uk) was kyato (I think this is how its spelt) its a seafood/sushi restaurant near the pandora shop. There were quite a few kids under 10 there when we were here but the pool wasn't always full of them but if your expecting it to be predominantly couples/adults it's not.
Like most others have said the staff here are great, very helpful and will do anything for you. They seemed a little understaffed at breakfast times so sometimes there are long waits between courses.(not all the breakfast comes at once) hersonnissos has a lot more to offer in terms of shopping/ supermarkets/restaurants so
I would recommend hiring a scooter or quad bike or even a car if you can afford it as it is a loooong walk down/up hill to the beach/main strip. The places we visited, starbeach, aqua park and Heraklion City were all great! Heraklion is definitely worth a visit!
In all tho this is a great little hotel with great staff, if the beds were a little comfier and the food/drink prices a little lower it would be perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If anything truly defines Creta Blue Suites, it is the value we attach to lasting memories. Building upon our experience as travellers for many years and as hoteliers for the last 8 years, has endowed us with a rich tradition of hospitality. We offer experiences that are authentically local and we see people who visit us as guests that are walking into our home. Genuine hospitality is achieved when engaging service and personal attention to detail to elevate each stay into a cherished memory. The little nuances in the quality of service unmistakably measure the intelligence of the hotelier and truthfully state the value of his spirituality. Because serving is, above all, loving, and one thing we are proud for ourselves is that we DO love serving our guests.We have always been ready to listen to our guests, anticipating their needs and interpreting their desires. Your stay at our hotel is our opportunity to show you Crete the way our island should be experienced - through the eyes of a local family.Welcome to Crete ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Bookgreece.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Creta Blue Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Blue Hotel Koutouloufari
- Hotel Creta Blue
- Creta Blue Suites Crete/Koutouloufari