I visited Asterias Village at the end of June for 10 days of relaxation and a taste of the greek lifestyle. The staff were fantastic!! The rooms were basic but was expected due to the bargain of a price we paid. We went on a self catering basis which was perfect as we planned to venture into the local towns, taverns and restaurants for varied foods and drinks, and oh we did that! I was never a huge lover of lamb before I went away to Greece but the Kleftico at Olivias (the on site restaurant) was fantastic!! I travelled with my partner and his parents which was a delight as we spent many days soaking up the sun, and the evenings on our balconies chilling out with an ice cold methos. Bliss! The sun loungers which were modern and were plentyful on site. The pool was brilliant, clean and clear despite the hotel being at full capacity whilst we stayed it never seemed full. We also spent most days hogging the jacuzzi which was lovely. I will say prices on site were higher than the local bars for beverages which is a shame as we spent the majority of our money on cocktails and iced coffee's. I would reccomend you go all inclusive to avoid overspending like we did at times. The buffet breakfasts were tasty and bar snacks filling - we went for burgers and chips usually which only cost around 4.50 euro's. I would recommend the chicken curry at Olivias, BUT A TIP - Do go lighty when salting your foods as the salt shakers pour very fast resulting in me ruining one of my main courses! The town was a big walk away, which could be off putting to some, luckily there was a large supermarket oppisite the resort so it was easy to pop over and grab water/snacks/juices. A huge shout out to Alex who really made us feel welcome, we were known as "the boys" to the bar staff and the banter was hilarious. I would certainly return to Asterias Village as it was such a welcoming place and many happy memories were made there. 10/10!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asterias Village Resort is located on a prime crossroad of the Hersonissos, Piskopiano and Koutouloufari settlements, offering a unique panoramic view of Hersonissos and the Cretan Sea. That location gives one the opportunity to choose between the dynamic modern developments of the cosmopolitan settlement of Hersonissos, and the traditional culture and architecture of the two beautiful old villages: Koutouloufari and Piskopiano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Asterias Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asterias Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Asterias Village Resort Crete/Koutouloufari