I will give a totally unbiased report of our findings. On arrival almost a day late (after being messed about big time by Thomas Cook - but thats a different story) we were displeased to say the least to be told our room was not ready!
Our room itself was a duplex style apartment which was absolutely spotless. The maids came in EVERY DAY for one thing or another. It rotated between cleaning, fresh towels & loo roll and changing the bedding.
The pool & surrounding area was also immaculate and the lads behind the bar were really friendly if not a bit crazy but polite & great fun. Not to mention the best English brekky around.
The hotel seemed to be veering towards the Dutch people as we had been given reports by fellow Brits that they had been refused certain things which were given to the Dutch without hesitation. This didn't effect us at all as the Dutch were very friendly toward us. (Hello Joop!) As Brits though, we were very much in the minority.
The location is brilliant. Situated between the 2 villages which are extemely quaint, especially Koutouloufari. There are loads of Tavernas to chose from. We found the best to be Steki across the road and Oliva which is part of the hotel but saying that, we didn't have a bad meal anywere.
One other thing to be aware of is there is no cash machine in the village. You have to go into Hersonssos to find one.
One of the downsides to the hotel was "The Hill" out of the place. You had a choice between the the slope or the steps, both equally as gruelling in 100 degree tempratures and definately not for anyone with walking disabilities.
Now for my complaint...we paid 90 euros for the air conditioning which we didn't mind, exept for the fact that it wasn't working! (I noticed someone else commented on it also on their review). We mentioned this several times to the people on reception but it didnt get sorted at all. I even emailed the hotel when I returned home to ask for a refund but they didn't even have the courtesey to reply! So if you get the air-con, be sure it is working!
All in all we had a fantatsic holiday and would definatley return again but perhaps not to these apartments as we did feel as if they didn't really want Brits there and we have noticed it's not in next years brochure which would back up this theory.
If anyone has any questions I will gladly do my best to answer them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Asterias Village Resort is located on a prime crossroad of the Hersonissos, Piskopiano and Koutouloufari settlements, offering a unique panoramic view of Hersonissos and the Cretan Sea. That location gives one the opportunity to choose between the dynamic modern developments of the cosmopolitan settlement of Hersonissos, and the traditional culture and architecture of the two beautiful old villages: Koutouloufari and Piskopiano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Asterias Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asterias Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Asterias Village Resort Crete/Koutouloufari