All reviewssuit roomsgames roomhimalayan viewpool tableamazing locationgreat viewcomfortable stayfirst floorresortgardenroymrtoiletriesuttarakhandhospitalitytemplemaintenance
Reviewed 9 October 2016

This hotel is located on a hillock and is a wonderful getaway with a splendid view. There are various options to choose from including cottages. The hotel staff is extra courteous and the prices are negotiable, particularly if you are referring TripAdvisor. I got a straight reduction just by mentioning that I had known about this hotel from TripAdvisor. The rooms are very comfortable and cosy. The food is costly but the quality of food is good. Recommended for anyone who wants to have a peaceful time.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Narasimhananda

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

I loved the view of Himalayan range from Anabella resort which made me to select it again for my stay at Ranikhet. It gives a nice ambience in the resort with good food and playing options. You can find a large variant of birds around the corner.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UtkarshMaheshwari

Reviewed 28 June 2016

staff very helpfull. wot ever u required they will get u.
monkeys big problem there. be aware guys.
Airtel Network is big NNOOO.
wifi is only arnd reception area
this is a VEGITERIAN HOTEL.
view nd resort very beautifull.

Room Tip: suits facing mountain are best. room near by reception only will give u wifi connectivity.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank 877mayankk

Reviewed 25 June 2016

I have just returned from a vacation in Uttarakhand where I visited Nainital, Kausani and finally Ranikhet.
At Ranikhet my husband and I were booked at Aman's Annabella hotel for 2 nights, sold to us by Yatra.com as a four-star hotel.
Our stay at Nainital and Kausani were reasonably comfortable but our stay at Aman's Annabella at Ranikhet was problematic from the beginning.
Our troubles began when we drove in to Ranikhet and began to look for our hotel. Our hotel booking given to us by Yatra.com gave the hotel's address but no directions. As a result we drove around Ranikhet for an hour trying to locate the hotel. We called up the hotel for directions but got lost several times as there are no signposts at major junctions pointing out the way to the hotel.
When we finally arrived at the hotel, it was lunchtime and I complained to the manager about the lack of signage. In any case the manager upgraded us to a suite although our booking was for a standard room. Although the suite was spacious I noticed the bedsheet looked dirty and its edges were ripped. In the bathroom there was only a hand towel and no bath towels. I told the attendant to change the sheet and provide bath towels. He brought only one bath towel but said that he couldn't replace the sheet right then because they were short staffed but he promised the sheet would be changed by the evening.
It was lunchtime so we went to the dining area looking to get some lunch but were told that since the chef had gone somewhere lunch was not available. Owing to the remote location of the hotel we could not find any other place nearby to eat and had to go without lunch. This was not what we expected of a four star hotel!

Later that evening more guests arrived and I expect the hotel staff got busy because our replacement bedsheet and bath towel were never provided.
Dinner was part of the holiday package sold to us by Yatra.com and we looked forward to having a good dinner. This was provided to us in the dining hall. Although I was not very happy with the quality I didn't complain because it was served courteously.
The next day I woke up early to see one of the main attractions at the hotel: the view of the Himalayas. I made numerous calls to Room Service to order some bed tea but no one answered the phone. I tried calling Reception but again there was no answer. I decided to walk over to the Reception and Dining area to find someone. Imagine my horror when I discovered that there was no staff around anywhere. Dirty dishes from the previous night were still lying on the tables in the dining hall. The door leading to the kitchen was ajar and the kitchen was a mess! Obviously it had not been cleaned up - I don't know since when! I wondered about the hygiene and safety of the meal my husband and I had had the previous night.
My husband woke up around 6.30 am and called Room Service and Reception. Finally
someone answered and told him that there was no staff around except for him and he couldn't help us. The Manager too was missing.
As I stepped out of my room in shock another guest stepped out of the room next door. She told me she'd seen monkeys plundering the kitchen the previous night because the kitchen's back door had been left open. And there was no staff around to answer our questions.
By 7.30 am the Manager had appeared but we had seen and had enough by then.
We decided (as did all the other guests) to check out. One guest complained that he'd not been provided with towels for two days. As we drove away our driver told us that the hotel staff had not been paid for several months (so they said).

Whatever the reasons, there are serious problems at hotel Aman's Annabella at Ranikhet and it should be closed before there is a major incident there.

Room Tip: Only the Reception area or rooms closest to it (unverified) get the WiFi signal.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your valuable feedback. We would like to update you that the management
of the hotel has been changed . Now XOMOTEL has taken over the property and Relaunched as "XOMOTEL- Ranikhet Heights "

We invite you to came again and feel the deference .

With Regards,
Tema XOMOTEL

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Ranikhet is a beautiful hill station in Uttarakhand. managed by Military. The golf ground is nicely maintained. the children park is nice for children in the early evening (4 to 5.00). Woollen factory is must visit. Children will get to know about making of handmade woollen apparels in details and they also can operate machine with permissions. The Military museum is enriching. Annabella Hotel & Resort experience is cherishable. Good service very good strategic location. Good people. and rooms are very nice. the view from resort is breathtaking. All in all a must visit place and Annabella can enhance your stay with their great ambiance. Nice cozy sitting area just outside the rooms is a very good idea. Koumauni food is speciality. Must try mix pakoras with tea or coffee. Kudos to Annabella. In winter, it does snow for 2 months. And that could be very good experience, I must say.

Room Tip: Must visit
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family