“Wonderful stay at Ayush Guesthouse”
Review of Ayush Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Almora
Ayush Guest House
Ranked #1 of 36 Almora B&B and Inns
kolkata
“Wonderful stay at Ayush Guesthouse”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

3 of our friends with family travelled to Almora on 9th and 10th June and stayed at Ayush Guesthouse. This is a wonderful place and scenic beauty if fantastic. Raju who is the owner of the guest house is a wonderful person who is hospitable and caring. He cooked us tasty meals and took all possible care. Temparature at Almora was unusually warm at this time and when informed Raju bought stand fans for each of the 3 rooms we were staying in immediately. Had a great time there and would love to go back
Flip side: The resort is located on the hill slope and there is about a 15 mins walk downhill to get to the Nest cottages where we stayed. The uphill climb could also be a challenge. Although Raju arranged for boys to pickup the luggage, if travelling with elderly, caution should be exercised.

Room Tip: Take the cottages on the higher side of the slope so that the commute is less
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Pathikrith
Raju_Ayush, Owner at Ayush Guest House, responded to this review, 9 October 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for all of your kind comments. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay so much. My intention was to design the rooms, and the exterior landscaped areas, to blend in with the natural beauty surrounding us. The outside fire is also very comforting in the colder season.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed the food so much as I do enjoy cooking, and I like to provide good tasty, wholesome meals for my guests.
Looking forward to seeing you again perhaps in the future and thank you again for choosing Ayush Guesthouse.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Fantastic place to stay. Tranquil and picturesque. 3-4 kilometres from Almora. On way to Kasar Devi. Stunning views of Nanda Devi on a clear day. The trek from the road to my cottage took around 20 minutes. Room was clean, spacious, had power backup and wifi. Raju Bisht is a brilliant host and cook. The meals were fresh, healthy and delicious, with a complimentary cake baked by Raju on my last day of stay! He was also most helpful in arranging transportation for sight seeing in and around Almora at reasonable costs (Please ask for driver - Bablujee, who is easily one of the most knowedgeable and kindest person I have across during my travels). As a solo female traveller to the guest house, I will especially recommend this place for the assured safety it offers to all - especially to other women travelling on their own to Almora.

I stayed in Nest Cottages, which is at a lower height compared to other cottages. So the snowview was hindered by trees. But you only had to climb few steps for unobstructed views. The plus point being the thick plantation around Nest Cottages, especially as it borders an Eco Park, gives a nice jungle feel to the place. I stayed here for two nights, but can't wait to go back! Great work Raju and Co.!

2 Thank Flaneuse8
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind review. I am very grateful. I am also happy that I have made your stay comfortable in this beautiful area. It is a magical place and I do appreciate it myself everyday. Hope to see you again in the future and thank you again for choosing Ayush Guesthouse.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed at this place for first two weeks of April. In short, it is collection of cottages scattered down the valley with one the most memorable natural surroundings. I took one cottage just by the side of Raju's house.

Interiors of the Cottage I stayed:
A great furnished and fully functional cottage that feels just like home.

Surroundings:
This place is in one of the best ridges of Almora with views down below to the valley, far to the Himalayan peaks, up to the bluest skies. I will not forget the experience it had on me.
The only thing that put me off are the dogs (I don't have a special liking to dogs). Raju's family (owner) and the other neighbors (almost everyone in Almora) have dogs that keep barking most of the day, spoiling the otherwise most peaceful place on earth.

Service:
Raju is one of the best individuals I met. He is very honest and hospitable and it shows in his service to guests.

Accessability:
The place is around 100 meters below the valley, so it's good 15 minutes trek up and down. I was not able to do this more than two times a day. So if you are going to be going in and out of the place often, you might need to note this.

Food:
Since there is only one family run kitchen, the food doesn't have many options. Though when Raju cooks very good food on Sundays, the food options are limited otherwise. He is great host because he was offerring me home cooked everyday. Raju is trying to expand his restaurant, it could probably better the next time I visit.

Overall Experience:
I will certainly be staying at Raju's if I go to Almora again.

Thanks Raju for the great stay. I wish you good business.

Room Tip: Since the cottages are scattered at different elevations in the valley, you will get different views...

3 Thank sravfeyn
Thank you for kind comments. I appreciate that you have taken the time to complete a review. I hope to see you again in the future and thank you once again for choosing Ayush Guesthouse.
Pune, India
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were 2 families travelled via road from Delhi . from Moradabad , by mistake we took bazpur road instaed of haldwani road road condtion in UP was worst and it took almost 3 hrs just to cross 30/40 KM of road untill we reached the uttarakhand . This caused further delays reaching nainital . Additionally mall road gets closed between 07:00 PM to 09:00 PM which causes further delays and instead of reaching arounf 07:00 PM we reached 10:45 PM at Aayush resort. It was almost a 10/15 mins walk from main road to the actual room down in a vally and at night time without any light we felt that we made a mistake by booking this hotel .

However Raju Bisht gave an excellent service . He served dinner for us even at 10:30 PM ( we informed him our delay ) with a great smile. The food was excellent . Service was excellent !!

Positives
1) Service
2) Rooms are specious . ( We had booked "The Nest") .
3) Excellent Food
4) Hospitality
5) Price

Negatives
1) You have to walk down the hill to reach the room ( and walk uphill while returning as well :-) ) . So may not be good option for old age people . For us it was not a problem .

All in all a great hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sourabh_1976
ayushguesthOuse_13, Owner at Ayush Guest House, responded to this review, 15 May 2014

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 6 May 2014

It may be tucked down in a valley, 15min walk from the road, but this is actually one of the endearing things about Ayush guesthouse. I stayed 5 weeks in Krishna guesthouse, it has the most beautiful views. Krishna is a lovely little house, ideally suited to the single traveller. My bed was comfy, the food was delicious, with the baking of chocolate brownies, banana cakes, brown bread fresh in the morning and restaurant delights to tempt you it was so hard to leave. You don't find this quality easily in India. I love to go on day hikes and it was well suited to taking off for the day to Chitia, Kasardevi, and other valley walks. It represents excellent value for money. You wont be disappointed. Raju the owner is so helpful. Looking forward to making it a regular part of my India travels.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ayushguesthOuse_13, Owner at Ayush Guest House, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments - I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much. Krishna cottage is certainly a wonderful little cottage, especially suited to single guests. It is full of character.
It is great that you enjoyed the food and baking. I have added the fresh baking this year and hope to be able to build on it, offering even more delights. This good food is even more enjoyable after having a day of hiking/trekking with a good appetite built up.
I would be more than happy to see you again in the future and thank you again for choosing Ayush Guesthouse.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was deeply impressed with quality of service at Ayush guest house. This is a place for you if you truly love the hills, the silence, the sound of the night. Raju Bisht is very helpful and delivers a very homely atmosphere. Will go back again for a longer time. The morning view of the himalyas

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for my guesthouse. I am delighted that you enjoyed it so much. Looking forward to seeing you again in the future - it would be my pleasure.
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This guest house is the best you will find in the area. The view of the Himalayas here is pure magic. I was able to lay in bed in the morning and watch the sun rise over them!! The rooms are made with character, offering a real homely feel. My room had a kitchen which I love, although, there is a restaurant that provides such great food I mostly ate there. Raju, the owner and his wife bake daily cakes and muffins and fresh bread that is so delicious! I love this place.... it feels almost too good to share but how can I keep such a great secret to all myself ;D

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ayushguesthOuse_13, Owner at Ayush Guest House, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so happy to receive such a compliment. Thank you so much. I am delighted that you hold Ayush Guesthouse in such high regard. I will strive to maintain the high standard and even try to better it if I can. It makes me feel very happy when I receive feedback like yours.
Thank you again for choosing Ayush Guesthouse and hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Almora
The Himalayan Woods
#1 of 16 in Almora
Binsar Eco Resort
Binsar Eco Resort
#4 of 5 in Binsar

Been to Ayush Guest House? Share your experiences!