The resort is true to its name....Essence of Nature.
The property is small with only about 8 cottages ready when we visited but work was on for an additional 8 rooms. As ours was a fairly large group, we had booked all the cottages and so in effect, the resort transformed into our own private property of sorts and we had an excellent holiday.
- The resort is located on its own private mountain so there is absolutely no one else around except for you, the staff and nature. There are umpteen nature walks around the property from where you could enjoy the amazing views and unspoilt nature. As there are no other tourists in the area, the surrounding are pristine with no pollution and trash which has become a common sight in almost all the hill stations of India.
- The cottages are very nicely done up and the beds are comfortable with clean sheets and blankets. The bathrooms all had perfectly functioning fixtures and the showers actually worked. All bathrooms come fixed with their own hot water geysers which ensures constant hot water supply. All rooms come with private balconies.
- The staff is very helpful and attentive. The food buffet was quite lavish given our location and the quality and taste was excellent. Special mention goes out to Manish, the head waiter and to Rawat, the head chef who took care of all our special requests and demands.
- There are plenty of activities within the resort to keep the kids and even the kids in us adults occupied. We never felt the need to leave the resort area for entertainment which was a big plus. They also organized a movie show every evening in their lawns using a projector which the kids enjoyed enormously.
- The resort is in the middle of nowhere with the nearest shops being a good half hours drive away so you need to stock up on your essentials before arriving. The staff tries to help but they too are limited by the location.
- They lack in housekeeping and you have to remind the office next to the restaurant to clean your room and then make sure that it was cleaned.
All in all a very nice property ideal for larger groups. If you value peace and quite and do not want to be bothered by the hustle and bustle of tourism, this is the place. In the middle of nowhere, here its always OFF-PEAK season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Resort Name: ESSENCE OF NATURE. Resort Location: This is 45 kms above Jim Corbett National Park; it’s a mountain resort. Nearest Railhead: Ramnagar 70 kms. Nearest AirHead: New Delhi (310 kms). Important Tourist Locations: Jim Corbett, Ranikhet, Nainital, etc. No. of rooms available: 24 rooms ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Essence of Nature Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.