“Fantastic Mothers Day Brunch”
Review of Cork Restaurant

Cork Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 30 Restaurants in Elora
Cuisines: Contemporary, International, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Announcing the fresh flair of Cork, Elora's new restaurant that's certain to be your new favourite. Owners Trella and Stephanie welcome you with a creative menu and friendly atmosphere. Expect fine flavours, relaxed comfort, and warm memories from Cork. Fabulous Wines, Craft Beer and Spirits.
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We went to the Cork for a fantastic Brunch, it was very enjoyable and the service was outstanding. They also had a little gift for all the Mothers which was a nice touch. We will be back soon. Thanks for making my wife feel special!

StarrCanada, Owner at Cork Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

We so enjoyed Mother's Day this year. It is always fun when the restaurant is full of people celebrating. Trella and Tara made the body scrub for the Mother's in attendance and truly enjoyed making it for our special guests. Thank you, the positive review made our staff feel special too.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've been to Cork on several occasions for dinner since my daughter in law and I have dietary restrictions and they've always been able to accommodate us. We had a group of friends meet at Cork for lunch recently, and once again I was impressed. I love the artwork/photography of the local landscapes, which adds to the warm and inviting atmosphere.

Our staff was welcoming and attentive, making excellent choices and being patient with us, especially myself, with the dietary issues. They suggested something that wasn't on the menu that hit the spot for me and safely agreed with me. They understand. It was a special occasion for us to be together so we tried 3 different desserts and they were all tasty - decadent and unique. We will be back!

Thank you for your great review. We are always happy to do our best to accommodate dietary needs. We think it is important to give people what they want (within our capabilities) so they are able to enjoy a meal with family and friends who may not have the same restrictions. Our menu shows options that can be gluten free and we always offer a vegetarian option and can accommodate vegans as well. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Met up with a group of close friends for lunch at Cork last week. The staff were wonderful and attentive to our every needs. I had a starter soup of Clam Chowder which was the best Chowder I have tasted in a long time. Hot and tasty, loved it. I had the salmon with fingerling potatoes and sprouts and a lovely creamy sauce. The salmon was cooked to perfection, the sauce a perfect compliment. A lovely Chilean red wine with our meal rounded out a special occasion. No dessert for me, not being a big dessert eater, but my companions loved theirs.

It was quiet in the restaurant, but we were early and more people started to arrive as our meal progressed. Have to say the staff were pleasant, cheerful and always smiling, something that is a treat in these days of surly wait staff.

I have to say that when I read the reviews written by others, I always wonder why people wait to go home before complaining about the service, whether it be at a restaurant or a hotel. Surely it is best to bring to the attention of the staff any problems that you are finding with your food, at the time it is served/eaten, so that the staff have the opportunity to correct the problems. I had no complaints about Cork, the food or their staff and will happily eat there again and again. Well done Cork.

StarrCanada, Owner at Cork Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Thank you for your review. We appreciate our guests that write positive reviews. While we learn from the others we also want to know, and we want others to know, what we do exceptionally well to meet the needs and tastes of our guests. We are glad you enjoyed your lunch at Cork and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Decided to visit Elora with my Husband to see some of his cousins, they sent us to Cork!

The menu looked very promising, even the prices for the description of the food didn't seem so bad. Boy was I wrong. My salad was wilted and chewy, and the caesar dressing was incredibly bitter. My meat was overcooked and my potatoes/vegetables cold! Elora is definitely a "pretty" town, but I think they may have bitten off a little more than they could chew with this one!

2  Thank Cherie D
StarrCanada, Owner at Cork Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

I am so sorry you had such a disappointing experience. We work very hard to have our guests leave happy and satisfied. We take our reviews seriously and listen to our guests. Unfortunately no matter what we do not everything is everyone's taste. We had a comment on the weekend that the Caesar Salad was the best they had ever had! We would have immediately fixed your meal had you told us that it was not to your expectations. We would have gone to great lengths to make your experience the BEST. We are known for truly caring and taking care of our guests. We hope you will give Cork another try, and anytime you eat anywhere, if the food is not satisfactory, tell someone.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We had family in from the States and needed a destination restaurant. We have not been to Elora in a long time. The Cork accommodated 12 of us that same day. Three energetic young woman put on a culinary and service show that will bring me back soon. The food was fresh and innovative. Everyone was impressed from Grandpa to Grandchild and these people eat everywhere.

StarrCanada, Owner at Cork Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your excellent review. We appreciate our guests that take the time to write reviews when things go well. You are right about the excellent team at Cork. We are lucky to have staff that are working in the restaurant because they want to be there. They are not between jobs or hoping for something else. They love the industry. We think their passion shows, in both food and service. We look forward to seeing you again soon.