My wife and I spent the first night of our "mini-moon" at the Chateau De Pray. The mini moon itself consisted of three stays in three different Chateau in France. We arrived after a long drive from London (easily doable in a day btw) and were welcomed warmly by the reception staff. The Chateau itself is set in a secluded area of woodland away from the main road in to Amboise. It is easy enough to find and would be my suggestion for an overnight halt rather than stay in Amboise itself. The setting is very peaceful with a garden, woodland and swimming pool to occupy yourself prior to dinner. The drive in to Amboise is about 10mins and merits a brief look although the town itself is a bit of a tourist trap IMHO. Returning to Chateau De Pray you feel a little bit special and that you've made the right accommodation choice. The gastronomy dinner is excellent and a real must. Local wines are well presented by the in-house sommelier and if you cannot manage a full bottle then he'll accommodate you in some way. We stayed in the petit room and it was small but then so are we so not really a problem however I'd not want to spend more than two nights as it may get cramped. The shower was very good although no bath but again, not really something to worry about for an overnight halt. All in all, I would recommend this place. We did not however stay for breakfast, too expensive for my taste I'm afraid and with local produce / patisseries / boucheries being so plentiful it seemed pointless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A romantic hideaway in the heart of the Loire Valley...This Hôtel (2km from Amboise city) is tucked away in a 12-acre park, with a lovely kitchen garden ans this magnificent Château, built in the 12sd century and rebuilt in the 16th, watch over by its two towers. Inside, a certain bygone charm prevails.The bedrooms are perfeclty suited in the spirit of the place, with four poster beds, looped curtains, 16the and 18th century furniture and bathrooms decorated with marble and wood. The swimming pool and vast terrace are ideal to relax. Side tastes, the Chief Frederic Brisset, one Michelin star chief,officiates with its brigate motivated to get an unforgettable instant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chateau de Pray reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Pray Amboise
- Chateau De Pray Hotel Amboise
- Chateau De Pray France/Charge, Loire Valley