The room was nice, spacious, the view was beautiful, the lawns expansive. However it is cut off from Amboise town where the Chateau is and one has to take a taxi . The Hotel itself in a small chateau is very pleasant . We reached in the early evening after visiting Amboise itself only to be told that there was no place in the Hotel restaurant . Having spent the whole day in the town we did not again want to take a taxi back to it and wanted to relax in the Hotel . The Hotel should either give priority to Hotel guests or inform at the time of booking that reservation is essential in the Hotel restaurant for dinner . The Hotel was not even willing to serve a snack in the separate bar with a drink. Fortunately someone cancelled and we could get a place but the point remains .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A romantic hideaway in the heart of the Loire Valley...This Hôtel (2km from Amboise city) is tucked away in a 12-acre park, with a lovely kitchen garden ans this magnificent Château, built in the 12sd century and rebuilt in the 16th, watch over by its two towers. Inside, a certain bygone charm prevails.The bedrooms are perfeclty suited in the spirit of the place, with four poster beds, looped curtains, 16the and 18th century furniture and bathrooms decorated with marble and wood. The swimming pool and vast terrace are ideal to relax. Side tastes, the Chief Frederic Brisset, one Michelin star chief,officiates with its brigate motivated to get an unforgettable instant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Chateau de Pray reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Pray Amboise
- Chateau De Pray Hotel Amboise
- Chateau De Pray France/Charge, Loire Valley