Pantai Timor Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Kupang
See available hotels
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
Naka Hotel(Kupang)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Although I stayed in this hotel 5 months ago, I am new to TripAdvisor and so felt that I must share my bad experience to help other avoid similar things happening to them.

My wife and I checked into the hotel which seemed fine, good size rooms, clean, good price etc and we were happy with our choice. The location is excellent, on the water very close to the night food market. However, in the evening as we left the hotel to go for food and when we came back in 2 of the staff started shouting my wife's name (it turned out they had accessed her passport although they had no right to do so) and whistling. When I turned around to confront them about their actions they had quickly disappeared so it wasn't possible. I then demanded to speak to the manager and the staff quickly closed ranks making it extremely difficult for us even to make a complaint.

After being promised that it would be sorted out in the morning and then going to reception to find that no complaint had been passed on, were told that the owner was working in his other hotel in Surabaya and so couldn't be contacted. It was only when I took the names of every staff member we had dealt with, in what was a succession of being palmed off, and said it was no problem, we were going to Surabaya and I could speak in person that they issued a grovelling apology, after being told to wait for over an hour.

For males who want somewhere cheap this is a decent option, however, If you have any females travelling in your party I advise you to stay well clear of this hotel, as from my experience and also what I heard from other people the problems here are deeply imbedded and some of the other tourist couples we spoke to in Kupang said that they felt angered by the harassment they had in this hotel and had also moved after one night, I dread to think how solo female travellers would find it here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul H
Reviewed 15 December 2012

I just checked out from the hotel this morning.. It was my nice experience to stay at this hotel..
You can see the sunset in the afternoon from the hotel.. The room is chep, clean, big space, and has friendly staffs..
I super like it's "nasi goreng" hehehe
This Hotel had no breakfast but i think it's okey bcoz we still can order the foods in the morning at the restaurant..yeah i know it's reasonable room rate..you can not find another cheap and nice hotel besides this hotel..
Last word, i like this hotel

• Stayed: December 2012
6  Thank the_d_mj
Reviewed 16 October 2012

While some give a bad review on this hotel, i think this hotel was OK.... consider it's price, location and room. It's true that you wont get any breakfast, but you can still order from Hotel restaurant. It's true that there is no hot water (the water will get hot by sun ... they put water reservoir on rooftop) and the towel is too thin and small.

the good side was the room size, it was spacious ... pillow and bedsheet was not really nice. Air conditioning was powerful enough to keep the room cool (Kupang is very hot in dry season).

another good side was the location. near the beach and Night Market. Beach is nice if you like photography and the night market is full with food stall selling fish and other seafood.

I love to come to hotel rooftop at night .... nothing there ... but Kupang Sky in dry season is full of star, you can see a dimmed cloud of milky way with your naked eye... Rare event for me who lives in Big city.

and the last thing ..... it was cheap.

one tips from me: if you request something to room boy, make sure they understand what you've requested.

Room Tip: room on the ground floor is nicer, but no view. the third floor have a nice view (on seaside)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank johan_a_saleh
Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel located near Kupang Old Town, near the beach.

price is cheap, only 21 USD/night without breakfast. You can order food in the hotel, they have chief to cook.

in the night u can walk to the old town for dinner, the goverment close the old town street and u can find many foods around there.

u can rent a car with USD 50/day include driver, gas for 12 hours. a place to be visit is Lasiana Beach, Tablolong Beach, China Cave, Water Fall. in Lasiana u can see a man that climb a Lontar tree to collect sugar from that tree. for 1.5 liters it cost only 1 USD. try it

and in the noon u can go to Subasuka Restaurant to see sunset, and walk through the beach buying a fresh fish or shrimp or octopus, and toast it at that beach. this fish market is located in front of Aston Hotel (at this time still under construction)

enjoy ur stay at Kupang and dont forget to try SEI, traditional food ^^ very delicious ^^

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank VictorDragono
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Last week we stayed two times in this poor Hotel in Kupang. The sheets have holes, the towels are transparant, no hot water if you have water... And the tansferbus is aleays too late!

Seaside is nice, in the evening there is always a local wedding which is nice to see!

For food the best thing you order is nasi goreng...and a bintang.

Better stay as less as possible in this hotel and
go for diner to Rotterdamsteakhouse or the lical foodmarket.

Tou pay only 220 idr for a double room...so what cn you expect? No breakfast included by the way

Room Tip: If you take a single room you end up in a closet!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends