We stayed in one of the wooden chalets. There are two single beds and a mini extra room with a bunk bed. The equipment is very basic, 4 glasses, 4 plates, fridge, oven/microwave... The chalets don't have water. If you want to wash up your dishes, you have to carry water from the showers. Depends where the chalet is located it can be a quite long way. Shared showers and toilets. Toilets are without water flushing which must be similar to a toilet in the medieval.
On this little island you have also the Grinda Wardshus which is hotel and restaurant. On the little harbour you can find a Bar/Restaurant with very nice views and a chill out lounge.
Next time we would prefere camping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting Grinda is like coming to a place where the world stands still.Located just one hour from central Stockholm, you’ll find yourself as far as possible from the madding crowd.Only one thing exists here. The greatest peace and quiet.Henrik Santesson first discovered this tranquillity. The first director of the Nobel Committee bought the island in 1906 and built a summer house for the pleasure of his family.It took two years to build the art-deco building, which today is the beautiful inn, Grinda Wärdshus.As our guest, we offer you the same hospitality as Henrik Santesson offered his – fine dining, beautiful ambience and a good night’s sleep in the heart of the archipelago.Spring and autumn, summer and winter. Welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Grinda Wardshus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grinda Wardshus Hotel Vaxholm
- Grinda Wardshus Stockholm