“worth the wait !”

Big Five Pub & Grill
Ranked #12 of 18 Restaurants in Phalaborwa
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Description: Big Five Pub & Grill is a traditional style restaurant nestled in the beautiful town of Phalaborwa, Limpopo. Diners can enjoy an unforgettable experience and are treated to a variety of freshly made selected traditional dishes. Come have a drink and relax, we will provide you with quality food at an affordable price with good and friendly service.
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Staff smiling and helpfull
Cooking a nice meal takes time, but it seems to take a while anytime (we visited at 2 occations within a week, first time with a busy and almost full restaurant, 2nd time not more than 3 other tables) however food was excellent - definitely worth the wait.

Casstry, Owner at Big Five Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Hi...thank you for your visit and rating...glad you enjoyed our food. I apologise for the waiting period...we are currently expanding our kitchen to cater for the demand and bettet our turn around time to get orders out quickly without sacrificing the quantity.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

It was a last minute decision to eat at Big Five Pub & Grill, and it made me hungry for more!!

With a wide variety of dishes, all of which exceptionally tasty and served in a unique way, this place is definitely worth a visit!

The service we received was warm and friendly, as was the atmosphere.

We will be back for more!

Cassie S, Owner at Big Five Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Hi Dane, thank you for your visit, rating and positive feedback, i am glad that you enjoyed it at our pub and that we could be at your service. Please do visit again.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

Service terrible. We where waiting for our food almost a hour. Payment i done myself with terminal waiters walk past me paper was finished they don't even know how to change the paper.

Casstry, Owner at Big Five Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Mrs Lowe thank you for your visit and rating...please note that we are not a fast food restaurant...and with a full restaurant like on the day of your visit our food will take longer to go out to you because all our dishes is freshly prepaired on order.....over the festive season we employed a couple of tempory staff to assist....i apologise if we did not meet your expectations. I am full time at the pub and would appreciate it if i get notified of such problems at the time so that i can take action to better our service.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

I had a steak with pap and sheba for lunch. The pricing was okay and the food average. The steak had some sinew and the sheba (tomato and onion sauce) tasted like it came out of a tin and was very bland. I spiced it up with salt, pepper and a chilli sauce that was on the table. It was overall disappointing.

Cassie S, Owner at Big Five Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Hi Anton, thanks for your visit and rating, i apologise that we could not satisfy your needs, please do call again.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

My husband choose meatballs and spaghetti which he enjoyed. I had grilled calamari which unfortunately was very chewy and crunchy and for me inedible. I was a little disappointed that after complaining to 3 members of staff including the chef and sending the meal back uneaten, we were still charged the full amount for this dish. I think in these circumstances an adjustment should have been made to the bill. However the staff were very pleasant and the menu and prices good.

Cassie S, Owner at Big Five Pub & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Thank you for visiting our pub and the review, I remember that you had the 3 way calamari, i apologist for the calamari that was under done, i instructed my staff to give a 10% discount on your meal, sorry again if that did not happen. Please do visit again so that i can rectify that.