“Comfortable enough”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Phalaborwa
Vancouver BC
“Comfortable enough”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I needed a convenient place to stay for one night - literally just to get 8 hours sleep - as all lodging was booked up in the Kruger. This worked well as it was a 5 minute drive from the park gate, located in town. I was concerned about leaving my car in the parking lot but the very friendly and professional front desk attendant assured me that all would be fine - "This is Phalaborwa". The room was fine, clean, flat screen tv, secure, everything worked. A little night noise from the street but nothing unexpected for an in-town hotel. The restaurant on site was devoid of customers each time I walked by - so I did not try it. Overall, I had no concerns with this place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rustenburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I stay in Phalaborwa for business once a year. Last year it was the Hans Merensky, and after that, a tent would have been an improvement - See my review of the Hans Merensky. So this year we tried the Cajori, and it was a pleasant surprise. It is not perfect, but everything worked and it was clean and functional and quite modern.
What didn't I like?
- Internet was slow and unstable. I didn't bother and just used my 3G.
- The rooms are noisy because the passages are not carepeted. So every footstep or door closing makes a lot of noise that wakes one.
- The TV channels are very limited.

Breakfast was pretty good. We ate out every night, but the dining area seemed good and well supported. I would stay at the Cajori again.

Room Tip: End of the passage is quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank GwilymHowes
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

we arrived at this hotel on 26th Dec 2013, check was ok, room was awful yet supposed to be an executive room, no windows in the bathroom so very dark...Requested another room with more light given a room that was larger and more light, but sadly the plumbing was not working in the sink, and the shower had a really bad leak that covered the floor, requested yet another room this was again smaller in size but still not perfect, we realised that we were not going to get any better so just put up with it...I was told i could take the children into the bar area, only to be asked to leave and told this was for adults only...When in the lounge bar i requested that the aircon be put on, only then a member a non paying visitor to the bar said he wanted it off...The bar is open to non residents who seem to rule this place, i had to sit in recetion while they enjoyed the comfort of the airconditioned room, and i was paying R940 a night...Breakfast was awful, the only good thing was the fresh fruit, bacon was all fat, and if you requested an egg you had better do it when you get in as we got ours after we had finished the whole breakfast...I am not a person to comp[lain normally but i do expect service when paying so much...Not one person asked throughout our stay, they were always on their mobile phones and jump up to take a call rather than deal with the customer in front of them...I do NOT rate this place at all and will most definately never return or reccommend it

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Phalaborwa hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Phalaborwa
Aha Sefapane Lodge and Safaris
#2 of 25 in Phalaborwa
La Lechere Guest House
La Lechere Guest House
#4 of 25 in Phalaborwa

Been to Cajori Hotel? Share your experiences!